Thursday, December 8, 2016

Crossing the Divide 22

If this would be the last day in my home reality, at least the weather was pleasant. There was a faint chill in the air that I could sense more than actually feel. Maybe the ice and fire in my veins made me more sensitive to the changing of the seasons. Or at least the ice in my veins yelled out when winter would be arriving. But winter coming wasn't my main concern. My main concern was the undead abomination that was moving towards me. I raised Alexander in a defensive position as, at least to me, the undead Mountain lumbered slowly towards me.

Instead of meeting his first blow, I turned away quickly and only left my blade up enough in case I couldn't avoid him completely. The wind caused by the Mountain's blow blew past me with the force of a miniature storm. Quickly I turned away from him again as I judged how he was moving. It wasn't just the force of his blows, it was countering the move that came after the first one was thrown. I could imagine some in the crowd thinking my strategy was cowardice. Maybe to those humans it was, but for me I was thinking of my survival. If I survived I could feel shame, but not with death so near. With death looking on I felt nothing. Only one move to the next.

Finally we connected our blades and I felt every inch of me vibrate. I felt as if I would explode from that one hit alone and yet I survived. Not moving fully away from the abomination, I watched as the Mountain attempted to use his sword on me yet again. The reason I had stayed so close was there would be a better moment to move away. The seconds went slowly for me giving me more than enough time to make my move. The way the beast moved allowed me to jump off of its arm and propel myself away. Once I quickly regained my footing I saw that I hadn't slowed the creature down. Focusing on his arm, I saw it moving slower than before yet the undead Mountain was moving quickly towards me as if he didn't notice. If he didn't feel pain I could injure him without him comprehending what was really happening. Humans misunderstood pain and failed to realize it helped warn us when something was wrong. It wasn't something to be feared but to be listened to.


-This is a Mature Story (if in content if not plot)
-It's a Game of Thrones/Resident Evil Fic
-It's a Cersei Lannister Fic

You can read it HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment