Monday, December 12, 2016

Crossing the Divide 24

"Can you find the answer in time?" I asked him. "We could leave here now and escape but I won't let others suffer because of my cowardice."

"Of course you crazy c**t wouldn't waste a chance to try and die." Bronn said. "I'll find out and then we're leaving this city behind."

A small smile flickered briefly on my face. He would complain and yet he would do what I had asked. I didn't need him to like the task, I merely needed him to complete it. I needed to make sure that innocents wouldn't die. If I changed to my dragon form I could've easily escaped with time to spare. But I wouldn't do such things. I wouldn't abandon those that I felt such a calling to help. I wouldn't abandon people in need.

"Lei, I know you don't believe Cersei to be doing such a great evil but we can't take a risk." I told her once Bronn had left us. "I know you're not a fighter and I won't ask you to harm her. But try to take as many people as you can outside of the city."

"They...um...won't believe I'm a Lannister." Lei said embarrassed. "I can't command people like Jaime, Cersei, or even Tyrion could. No one will believe who I am."

"Then tell them it is an order from Rin Kaari. The people here seem to believe me to be some kind of goddess or at least someone fit for the Iron Throne, so let's test that."

The woman grinned weakly and then was off. I didn't know why I had panicked and yet there was a part of my mind that thought this was the logical thing to do. It was the part of my mind that had lead me to greatness and depravity in the past. The part of myself that had kept me alive when I didn't even know what I was.

-This is a Mature Story (if in content if not plot)
-It's a Game of Thrones/Resident Evil Fic
-It's a Cersei Lannister Fic

You can read it HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment