Sunday, December 18, 2016

Crossing the Divide 26

"You should've killed her." Arya told me as I sat on the Iron Throne.

My coronation had ended thirty minutes ago but I couldn't seem to make myself leave this seat. I had been able to remain calm even though I couldn't comprehend how this could be reality. I had been able to deal with many strange things but this...this was the pinnacle of insanity. The crown on my head felt wrong and I couldn't wait until Daenerys came to take it off of me.

"I'm a little sister." Arya said. "I could be the one in the prophecy."

"We've gone over this before." I said, recounting two hours worth of the same argument. "It could be that Daenerys will ask you to kill Cersei thereby fulfilling the prophecy. You don't need to do it now if it is you. The gods won't allow another to take her life if it is by your hands she is destined to die."

She stopped and sighed. I could feel the bloodlust coming off of her in waves. It was as though I were viewing myself in my younger years. The years when I lived in Westeros and was known as Scourge to few. But to those few my name made their blood freeze. Khaleesi was my daughter in the Nightmare and part of me wanted to give the same role to Arya here. Like me, the Stark girl could easily go into darkness with no way out. It had only been because I had survived grey scale and then the death of Franc that I had been able to come back into the light. I could make sure that she didn't need that pain in her past. She already had enough.

"If you want to kill her so bad, why are you following my orders?" I asked Arya. "You just met me and yet you held back."

"You saved the city and now you're the queen." Arya said.

"Vengeance does not tend to bow down before sympathy and rulers. Some part of you isn't overcome by blood lust."

-This is a Mature Story (if in content if not plot)
-It's a Game of Thrones/Resident Evil Fic
-It's an Arya Stark Fic

You can read it HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment