Saturday, December 10, 2016

Crossing the Divide 23

"Claire won't kill me." Chris argued. "She won't kill just anyone for Alice."

"For now you are protected since you have deniability. You can claim that you were spying on us or that you were coerced. For now you are just a part of the Mormonts, you hold no special rank to indicate your real allegiance. The moment you are a Rasiki, the moment you take on that title, is the moment you remove all deniability. You will show your allegiance and Alice won't care. Even if Claire is loyal enough to you not to kill you, the same won't be true of Alice. She'll see you as being part of Rin. You'll be one of the men Rin will turn to when only the most loyal will do. If you don't become a Rasiki then you will be able to more easily keep the peace with your sister. But, if you decide to continue this pursuit, you might come to a point where you'll need to kill her. There will be no choice for either of you."

For Alex that was caring. Almost the way a mother would talk to her child. He seemed to be as cruel as a winter storm but could have the heart of a den mother. It was a strange combination to see him being both self-serving and selfless. The former nearly overshadowing the latter. I knew Alex could easily go back to how he had been and that it was my job to keep him on the right path. To help him become a better man. Maybe all my love and confidence would be for naught, but I still had to try. I had no other choice.

"Could you kill your sister?" Khaleesi asked. "If it was either her or the Mormonts which one would you choose?"

There was a long moment of silence. Looking at the other Kaari I knew that the answer would have to be the correct one. Chris had one last time to make the right choice. For myself I didn't know what that answer would be and knew it differed among my closet companions. Alex, I knew, would want Chris to say he would kill Claire. My husband cared about few things and would want my special forces to only be loyal to me. Be loyal to me above all others since that was how he felt.

"I don't know." Chris finally replied. "I don't know if I could kill a family member. She's the only one I have left."

-This is a Mature Story (if in content if not plot)
-It's a Game of Thrones/Resident Evil Fic
-It's a Doctor Isaacs Fic

You can read it HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment