Saturday, May 9, 2015

Silent Hills Being Cancelled

I admit this post is late and it is for two reasons. One is that it took a day or so to finally come to terms with the fact that Silent Hills is cancelled and the fact that I didn't have time to write this post before. Or else I remembered wanting to write it when I didn't have time.

I got into the Silent Hill fandom because of videos done by Dena. I had, of course, heard about the series before but had never been that interested. With her videos I fell in love with the series. As I don't do good with most controllers, the only game I've played of the series is Shattered Memories.

I have watched other videos and gone onto the wki of the series among other things to learn about it. So when I heard that the names Guillermo del Toro and Norman Reedus were attached to the upcoming Silent Hill game I was super excited. I was also excited to learn what exactly Silent Hills would be about.
However, it was later cancelled due to reasons that seemed to have originated in the company. But I won't mention them here as people more knowledgeable than I have talked about those reasons.  I know some fans don't like the newer Silent Hill games, but Toro and Reedus' names attached to it gave me hope that this would be a good game and would be liked by the majority of fans. Now I'm left wondering what the game was going to be about.

On the Silent Hill Wiki there is a small entry about the now cancelled game. Please comment below with your own theories of what the game would've been about if it hadn't been cancelled. I'd continue to look up theories but am now binge watching YouTube videos about Five Nights at Freddy's 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment