Thursday, April 23, 2015

Quotes from Animorphs Megamorphs #1 The Andalite's Gift

While I am now using more quotes in my Animorphs Re-Read and each chapter I cover has a quote from the chapter at the start of talking about that chapter, there are a lot of good Animorphs quotes. Too many to fit comfortably in a Re-Read.

So below are some gems from the tenth chapter, narrated by Rachel, from the first Megamorphs book!
====
Who was I?

What was I?

I didn’t know. My mind Would not answer me.
====
I knew all the background things of life. It was like watching a TV show where you could see all the sets, but the characters were invisible.
====
I could not afford to be seen. Not until I knew what danger I was in.
====
A woman. Old. No, not so old. Just shabby. Wearing so many layers of clothing she looked fat. But she wasn’t. She was thin. Dragging a bulging canvas bag.
====
She stopped sorting the clothing. She turned a sly grin toward me. “My name? Or its name? We are two, not one. Yes. Yes. If you want to return the item -”
====
“There’s only one way to know for sure,” she said in a soft, silky voice.
====
“YEERK! YEERK! YEERK!”
====
She spoke in a much quieter voice. “No, no. You don’t want to hurt me. You just want to crawl inside my head. Like you did before. Crawl inside my head…make me…make me give you my husband. Make me give him to you. My children. All for you. All for YOU. Controlling me. In my head. But you died, didn’t you, Yeerk?”

No comments:

Post a Comment