Thursday, April 2, 2015

Quotes from Animorphs Megamorphs #1 The Andalite's Gift

While I am now using more quotes in my Animorphs Re-Read and each chapter I cover has a quote from the chapter at the start of talking about that chapter, there are a lot of good Animorphs quotes. Too many to fit comfortably in a Re-Read.

So below are some gems from the eighth chapter, narrated by Rachel, from the first Megamorphs book!
========
I focused with all my power on that one thought. I squeezed my eyes shut and tried to remember who I was. What I looked like.
========
Should I fly? Should I run? What was I?
========
NO! NO! It was after me. It wanted to kill me. Why? Why? What had I done? Who was I, that this monster wanted to destroy me?
========
"Help me!" I screamed. And now my voice was truly human.
========
Cars zooming past! If I ran out into the road, they would hit me. If I stopped, the beast would devour me.
========
The beast shredded the trailer. Shredded it! Pints of ice cream exploded around like hand grenades. In the middle of terror I was pelted by pints of Cherry Garcia and Wavy Gravy ice cream.
========
But the eyes seemed confused. They seemed lost. The beast saw me, but did not recognize me.
========
I just wanted to get away.

Whoever I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment