Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Jurassic World (2015) - Official Trailer Review

Okay, originally I wasn't pleased that another Jurassic Park movie was coming out. The trailer I saw during the Super Bowl made me interested in the idea and with this latest trailer I am really excited to see the movie. I didn't think that would ever happen.

So what do I think of the trailer?

The trailer starts off with Chris Pratt's character explaining how he views training dinosaurs. He talks about training being about a relationship and not control. I like this as I'm trying to train my new parakeet (Loki) and that's how I view the training. It's not about getting Loki to do stuff, it's about him trusting me.

Pratt goes on to say that he realizes that the dinosaurs are still animals with instincts. That they have a need to hunt, kill, and have sex. It ends with him making a joke, of course.

The woman in charge says that the reason she is doing genetic modification on dinosaurs is to up the wow factor. Pratt points out that the wow factor of dinosaurs is that they're living dinosaurs. A very smart man! Why can't he be in charge?

One of the scientists from the first movie says that the genetically modified dinosaur, real name Indominus Rex (I-Rex), was made to be bigger than the T-Rex. The woman in charge says that the I-Rex ate its sibling. Wow, that makes me not want to immediately kill it.

Or course the I-Rex escapes her containment and is smart enough to take out her tracker so that she can't be easily captured. Another 'oh shit' thing is that the I-Rex is killing for sport. Now while animals like cats may play with their prey, their whole intention is to eventually eat.

Oh, did I forget to mention this park is open so when the I-Rex is going on her killing spree there are around twenty-thousand innocent people in danger? But, hey, when doing something stupid there are bound to be risks.

Another 'oh shit' to add to the list is the fact that the I-Rex is controlling the other dinosaurs. This is...great...but what about Pratt's way of training? Does that come back so that he's able to gain control/respect if the dinosaurs? A Pratt vs. I-Rex battle for control of the dinosaurs sounds awesome!

It seems that Pratt's friendly raptors are now on the I-Rex's side or is that only clever editing?

The woman in charge seems to think that her highly intelligent genetic creation is just another animal. Really? You make it to be super smart and the fact that it is surprises you?

Again, I am now super excited for this film because of this trailer. It seems like there will be good graphics, acting, and action. Plus Chris Pratt will be in it!

Jurassic World is set to come out on June 12, 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment