Monday, April 6, 2015

Best March 2015 Release (Jash's Dragon Army)

On Dragon Cave last month there were some new releases. There were three new breeds of dragons with some having dimorphism and some having different color variations. So I decided to pick what I thought was the best new breed of the March 2015 releases.

Before I say the winner: I made a few different categories to help me decide the winner for this month. The categories may change, so if you have any suggestions on changing the categories feel free to say them.
Adopt one today!Adopt one today!
Striped River Dragon

Egg
I was not too impressed by the egg design. It just looks too much like the Blue-Banded Dragon that it really throws me off.

Unique Hatching Sequence
No to this one. But I don't hold it against the dragon as the majority of eggs have the same hatching sequence.

Hatchling Stage 1
This one is just adorable. Looks like it's about to go out dancing.

Hatchling Stage 2
There is no dimorphism for this species and both look cute.

Adult
Again, no dimorphism and both look majestic. Like they're able to peer into part of the world that we can't dream about yet.

Description
I like how peaceful and kind this breed is and that they can be used by others to determine the quality of the water.

Congrats, JOTB, on making an awesome dragon!
So that's what I thought of the Striped River Dragon. But I do want to talk about the other two new releases of March 2015!
Adopt one today!Adopt one today!
Plated Colossus Dragon

Egg
This is the egg I liked the most from the March 2015 releases. The egg looks beyond awesome.

Unique Hatching Sequence
The hatching sequence was normal.

Hatchling Stage 1
These ones looked cute and there was some hint, at least to me, that these would turn out to be fighters.

Hatchling Stage 2
I prefer the female Plated Colossus Dragon for this. They seem much more sure of themselves while the males look like they're begging.

Adult
For their adult stage, I prefer the females over the males still. While the males do look like they're improved, they still don't look as good as the females.

Description
To me the description was too mean. I blame this on my bias of wanting them to be good fighters. If they had the same obsession with food but had been kinder, I would've named them after Ax from Animorphs.

Adopt one today!Adopt one today!
Gemshard Dragon

Egg
I wasn't impressed by the egg. It just seemed to gaudy for my tastes.

Unique Hatching Sequence
While I didn't like the egg, the hatching sequence was not the standard one so I loved it!

Hatchling Stage 1
These were cute and adorable. This is also when it was revealed which Gemshard dragon color you got. The possibilities were green, red, and blue. As you see, I got two green Gemshards.

Hatchling Stage 2
This is where I was meh. The transition wasn't as good as Stage 1.

Adult
This was where dimorphism showed up. I like both the male and female of this dragon breed.

Description
I like the description of a playful and kind breed.

1 comment: