Sunday, January 11, 2015

Z Nation (Season 1)



Show: Z Nation

Season: 1

Episodes: 13

Executive Producer: Paul Bales

Released: 2014

Rating: 4/6

Basic Plot: Three years after the zombie virus has gutted the country, a team of everyday heroes must transport the only known survivor of the plague from New York to California, where the last functioning viral lab waits for his blood.
-------------------------------------------------------------

A Humorous Take on Zombies
I am not a big zombie person and so I don't keep up with the latest zombie things. Fiction like The Walking Dead I like because it gives a large focus on characters over zombies. So I was unsure if I would even keep up with this show. But the humor won me over as some insane stuff happens. My favorite humorous moment from this season has to be Doc getting high with a zombie.

Low Quality
Even though I enjoy this show immensely, it isn't for everyone. The series is made by the Asylum which is a company infamous for making mockbusters of movies that are coming out. So if you can only watch a show with a decent budget, you might get worn down by this show very quickly.

Cliffhanger Ending
Now I won't reveal the ending to all of you who haven't yet seen this show and yet want to, but I will give my feelings on it. I feel like it was made in the belief that this show wouldn't get a second season. Why else would you leave all the characters in peril like it did? It didn't feel like there was a way for all the characters to make it out alive originally. So come next season the writers will be scrambling to come up with a way. Some fans have theories of what could happen.

Final Thoughts
This was a great start to the series and I hope to watch many more seasons of it. There are some deep moments in the show and it also manages to explore minor day-to-day life details of the zombie apocalypse. Such as how toilet paper is dispersed among the survivors. So if you like zombies and need a funny show, I would highly recommend this show to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment