Thursday, January 29, 2015

Hannibal - Season 3 Trailer Review


I wish I could've gotten this review out sooner as I was beyond ecstatic when I saw this trailer. I am a huge Hannibal fan and have been waiting impatiently since the end of last season for Season 3. The end of last season left us with Hannibal going out of the country as well as us not knowing exactly who was dead.

So, without further ado, here is my review.

The trailer starts with Will Graham giving a voice over about how we like to make fantasies to replace the truth of horrible events. It also shows that Will is alive, but that at least one person died in the Season 2 Finale.

We get our first shot at who is probably Lady Murasaki*, one of the things from Hannibal Rising that the Hannibal show is keeping as was foreshadowed last season, and she says that Hannibal took something from Will. I'm taking that to mean that either Alana or Abigail died. As Will felt more of a connection to them than he did to Jack.

Bedelia's reasons for joining Hannibal aren't shown. But the trailer does hint at her not liking the decision that she made. It sort of makes sense that she joined Hannibal as she told Will that the cannibal has a way of making you think there is only one way out.

As Hannibal and Will seem to be chasing each other through somewhere underground, Will says that he forgives Hannibal. Is this a ploy by Will or does he really want the friendship the two used to share?

As a Hannigram shipper, I think some part of Will does forgive Hannibal, but that it won't stop him from capturing the cannibal.

I know some people have said some of the trailer shows the mind palace but I'm horrible at symbolism and pointing that stuff out.

This trailer shows that the show is still running strong. That the third season will help expand on what we saw in the first two seasons. The dark atmosphere, wonderful acting, messed up things, and everything else seems to be coming back strong.

*A fellow Fannibal has told me it is Chiyoh not Murasaki in the trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment