Saturday, June 18, 2011

Jurassic Park 4: Just Don't

The first time I heard about a fourth Jurassic Park movie was tonight with some friends. One friend said that it couldn't happen because Michael Crichton is dead and so the people in charge (like Steven Spielberg) can't get the rights. It was then pointed out that Jurassic Park III was not based on any of the books by Michael Crichton (of which there are only two in the Jurassic Park series and he doesn't like to do sequels).

What did I think of this sequel happening? I hated the idea and still do.

Jurassic Park was a good movie and Jurassic Park: The Lost World was pretty good too. However, Jurassic Park III just stunk. Sure it had some cool dinosaurs but it just didn't work. Mind you I'm not comparing it to the other two films. It didn't work on its own.

I hope that Jurassic Park 4 (which may be a remake or a reboot depending on what the powers that be say) does not come into existence. Jurassic Park is a good series (except the third installment) and it should just be left to die in peace. However, I doubt this will happen as Jurassic Park is popular.

No comments:

Post a Comment