Tuesday, June 7, 2011

S&N: The Change 5

Much time had passed for me and I was changed. It had been three years since I had started to call myself a Machine. Three years of calling The Net my master and following their orders. I walked down the hallway and saw a technician pass by me. She was a human and unimportant. Maybe I'd find her important if The Net found her important.


I didn't think about what I was going to do because The Net would not like the idea. I thought the idea dangerous, but knew it was the only way to find happiness again.


When I went into the room the woman in there looked at me.


"M-4, you've taken your time." The woman said.


"Yes." I said because the situation didn't call for a full conversation.


I lay down on the table and the woman started to do her work. Within a few minutes energy was coursing through my circuits. I had only a few nanoseconds to do what I had found out by accident. The trick was to use those precious few seconds that were usually used to check Machine systems to, instead, reprogram myself.


Doing this quickly, and carefully, I felt something in me change. There was still The Net in me, but now it was in the back of my mind. The people of The Net would check the results and reprogram me back into a normal M-4. This could not happen.


I stood up and grabbed the woman by her neck. She was a mother but she was the enemy. After twisting her neck, I threw her against the wall. I walked out and attacked the next The Net worker to make sure I wasn't restrained. An M-1 set off an alarm and I knew I had little time to make an escape.


M-2s arrived and started firing. Even if they destroyed me, they knew I could be brought back. Maybe not as me, but that didn't matter to them. With my gun I fired and made some solid hits. I still had to dodge, though, since they were Machines and not humans.


I ran and came in contact with another M-4. This one had been a Karma agent and now was forced to fight on The Net's side. It paused and that gave me enough time to damage it.


The next hour was spent running around the base and fighting. M-4s, M-2s, and the occasional humans got in my way. The humans had decided to let their Machines fight while they hid in their corners. Finally I managed to get into the parking lot. Now to find a suitable vehicle.


After looking for a few seconds I found one. I hotwired the car and drove off with gunfire in the background. Now to go find Samara if she was still alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment