Tuesday, June 7, 2011

DASH Diet Is Not a Quick Fix

Dietary Approach to Stop Hypertension (DASH) has come up as the way to make young girls stay healthy and not gain weight. I have never heard of this diet before as I don't really pay attention to diets.

Reading up about this I found out that the diet was used to STOP HYPERTENSION in older adults. Somehow it's made its way to young girls. It seems that it works. Sort of.

Reading up I also found out that the girls who lost the most weight were also exercising more. I don't think food controls your movements (unlike alcohol) and that working out might make more of an effect than this diet.

That being said, the DASH Diet is ranked as the eighth most effective diet so there is probably some truth to its madness. But it doesn't come quick.

So those looking for a quick fix: Don't do this diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment