Monday, June 27, 2011

Green Lantern (2011)

I am not too familiar with the Green Lantern series. I do know a little, but not a lot.

Title: Green Lantern

Partly Based on the Comic Book: Green Lantern: Secret Origin

Writer of Comic Book: Geoff Johns

Artist of the Comic Book: Ivan Reis

Director: Martin Campbell

Starring: Ryan Reynolds, Blake Lively, and Peter Sarsgaard

Rated: PG-13

Released: 2011

Rating: 3/5

Oscars: N/A

Basic Plot: Hal Jordan is chosen to be a Green Lantern as Parallax is released from his prison.

Costume and Fight Scenes
In the trailer the movie was made to be very action filled. And while there are some good fight scenes they are very few and far between. I didn't mind this as I was caught up with the characters (and the fact is that I can stand slow movies as long as what I'm seeing is interesting). As for the suit: I didn't mind it. I actually liked the look of it. The only problem I had with it was the mask. I don't know why, but that mask was annoying.

Overall Look of the Movie
I didn't mind the look of the movie. It had a very comic book feel to it and that fit. The Green Lantern planet seemed alien as it should be. The aliens shown were very interesting to look at. The effects when the Green Lanterns used their powers was interesting to look at.

Parallax
I liked him as a villain. Fear, his weapon, is a very powerful force indeed. I liked that when Sinestro's team attacked Parallax they were destroyed and Sinestro realized that everyone (no matter how brave they appear) has fear. The end battle with Parallax I felt wasn't very good. It was somewhat exciting but it just wasn't a good end battle scene.

Final Thoughts
This is a decent movie. It is not a great movie but it is enjoyable. The movie doesn't look as big of a budget as it should. But I didn't mind that aspect. There were some plot holes that bugged me (and a few times I had to be calmed down). Overall, though, I enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment