Sunday, June 9, 2019

At First Love Chapter 3: Anticipation

This is a Real Person Fanfiction. In this fanfiction Iain Glen has never been married.

This chapter has been edited due to content. If you want to see the unedited version GO HERE.

Finally the plane started its descent and my back couldn't be happier. The kid behind me had made it his goal in life to try and break every bone in my back. His parents had been asleep nearly the entire flight and I was too polite to say anything. Besides, reprimanding the kid could backfire to the point his parents woke up and started yelling at me. It just wasn't worth the pain and so I tried to fall asleep.

As the plane touched down I breathed a large sigh of relief since the kid stopped kicking. Outside was home and a reprieve from the hectic schedule of filming. Outside was a world that would be without Emilia. Unless she truly did decide to visit me.

The usual message played when we reached the gate. I was hardly paying attention as my eyes kept trying to close. It would be good to shower and fall asleep on my bed. Or maybe just collapse after entering my house. Whichever one came first. I stay seated as everyone rushed to be the first one out of the plane. There was no need to rush as it would take a few minutes to have a chance to leave anyways.

As I stood up to get my bag from the overhead, the boy passed with a shit eating grin on his face. He probably thought he would leave a mark on me that would never go away. He was wrong on that account, though. He would become just one of the many annoying kids on a plane that I had encountered through my life.
It was hard to start walking again as my legs needed a bit of waking up to do. It had been a decent flight, minus the boy, and they had relaxed a little too much. Luckily by the time I exited the plane they were working again without any problems. I looked beside me to the other tired passengers. One yawned loudly which started a chain that lasted until we started walking through the airport.

The daylight poured in through the windows and I stood still for a moment. I listened to the noises in the airport and watched out for anyone deciding to take a picture of me. People had sneaked up in the past, some ruder than others. But I took the time to relax before arriving at an empty house. No one was there to greet me and seeing other people was good for a moment. And then that moment passed.

I passed by shops selling food, books, magazines, and gifts to buy family right before getting back home. I stopped at one selling coffee and made small talk with the barista. It went on a little longer than normal once she found out I was, indeed, Iain Glen. The only reason I kept up a pleasant demeanor was because I didn't want to disappoint her. No need to bring all my stress down onto her shoulders. After taking a picture with her I headed away with my coffee.

My drink was half gone once I had gotten my luggage and put it in my car. It wasn't an impressive vehicle, but it got me where I wanted to go. Who cared if it wasn't the newest model or the most expensive. It had not failed me in all the years I owned it and only needed the occasional fix. Plus it blended in nicely to the rest of London and was hard to pick out among the other cars.

I sat in the driver's seat and slowly finished the rest of the coffee. I would need my wits while driving and then I could lose all my senses when home. My empty house both haunted and comforted me. No one was there which was a lonely feeling. Yet no one being in my house meant I was free to choose my own life. That freedom seemed like a curse if it meant I wouldn't wake up next to Emilia.

I looked at the empty cup and thought of all the women before. The women who I had seduced and then left when I was finished. My intentions had never been hidden and any heartache on their end was due to them believing a lie. I had tasted fruits from around the world and yet it was Emilia who was making me change my ways. One young girl who wanted to be with me for now and me who wanted to be with her forever. Would I experience the heartache I had sometimes inspired?

It had been awhile since I had sat down and my presence would start to attract attention soon. So I put the coffee cup down and started to drive away. Coming back home was always a mixed bag of emotions. There was the relief I wouldn't need to wake up and immediately go to makeup. I wouldn't need to do any work and could instead relax. I could sleep an entire day away if I so chose.

As I drove I thought about a walk I could take. If the weather was good tomorrow that's how I would begin my day. The sunrise was always beautiful and promised a new beginning. While walking, or jogging, it was as if there was a moment in time where nothing mattered. I could put all my worries away until I returned to my house. Then I had the strength to deal with the rest of the day.

I drove down my street and parked in my driveway. It took a few minutes to get my few pieces of luggage inside. The problem came with the coffee cup making it impossible for me to get my large suitcase in the first round. Usually I kept things simple with only a carry on, but I had decided on a full sized suitcase for some reason. Once I had gotten everything in I swore not to do that ever again. All my necessities could fit in one bag and there had been no reason to go bigger. It had allowed me to travel with more things but...it hadn't been worth it.

I left my luggage in the kitchen and raced upstairs to my bed. With every step I took off more clothing. I didn't know if I'd simply go to sleep or take a shower first. Once I entered my bedroom there was only underwear on me. My eyes kept opening and closing while yelling at me to get some rest. There was no way to disobey them so I fell on my bed and went to sleep.

"Iain, wake up." Emilia said and I opened my eyes with her next to me.
In this dream she was naked and standing beside the bed. After a brief bit of motionless our bodies became entwined in the act of lovemaking. I arched my back and yelled at the sky as I woke up to my cellphone ringing.

I groaned loudly loathing whoever decided to wake me from such a sweet dream. Wearily I walked to the stairs and picked up the phone. This call better be important or else the one on the other line would get a lashing.

"Iain?" Emilia asked.

"Emilia?" I replied excitedly enough that it caused her to laugh.

"What's going on over there?"

"I...I was dreaming of you. Didn't finish."

"Maybe you could if you're not busy this weekend."

Her sultry voice nearly making me not hear what she was saying. Her voice was a calling I could not ignore. Then I realized what she was saying. I did not have to resort to ******* her in my dreams, I could have her in the flesh.

"No, I don't have anything to do this weekend." I said. "Are you coming over?"

"Of course I am, my love." Emilia said with a chuckle. "What was I doing in your dream?"

"I'll be happy to show you what was in my dream when you come here."

She breathed a little heavier. Only a few simple sentences could make her yearn for me. She had the same power over me. If she had told me the things I had told her, I would also have trouble breathing.

"I'd like that." Emilia said after a few minutes of silence.

"Would you also like to know that I'm wearing practically nothing now?" I asked as I walked down to the kitchen.

"Iain, please. I actually have somewhere to be today."

She tried to sound stern but failed. She wanted me too much to be able to be angry at me. She wanted me to seduce her with my voice just as much as she wanted me to stop. I poured myself a glass of water and looked around the house. It needed cleaning and the days waiting for Emilia would be spent making it perfect for her.

"I'm sure you also have something to do today." Emilia said and tried again to sound stern.

"I need to clean up the place before we dirty it this weekend." I replied.

"I could tell you what I'm going to do to you this weekend."

"And I don't need to see anyone today. I could make a day out of whatever images you give me."

"You're impossible."

"I'll see you Saturday."

"Friday. I want to spend more than one day with you."

"I love you, Emilia."

"I love you, Iain."

After we hung up I realized we had said "I love you". We hadn't had any reservations. Our love was something we had both realized and were ready to embraced. I hoped that I would keep her until my dying days. Such an odd feeling to have about someone.

My cleaning of my house began after drinking my water. First thing was to get my clothing off of the stairs. If she came and wanted to go straight to the bedroom, it wouldn't do for clothing to be hindering our way. That and it just looked too messy.

Over the next few days I spent my waking hours cleaning. I never let my home get too dirty, but I was a bachelor. There was a difference between a house lived in by a single man and a house lived in by a couple. Every night I would fall asleep thinking everything was perfect to wake up to find out I was wrong.
NATIVE HERE
Finally it was the day before Emilia would be entering my home. One night before this relationship blossomed or burned away into nothing. I tried to think of anything that would ruin Emilia's stay. The floor and counters were cleaner than they had been in years. Every item had been carefully placed. I had organized everything in a complex system so Emilia would never wonder where anything was. So why did I think something was off?

Condoms!

I didn't like condoms but I used them from time to time. Some women were extremely particular and I'd use a condom so I could **** them. Emilia had shown no hesitation in making love to me without one, but I'd like to give her the choice this weekend just in case. I needed a shower first as cleaning today had made me sweat and the smell wasn't pleasant.

After the shower it took a few short minutes to get dressed and into my car. The drive was nerve-wracking as I tried to figure out how to choose a condom. Of course it was a simple matter, teenagers were able to get them after all. The sun was setting by the time I got to a local supermarket. No one cared that I was parking my car as they didn't know who was coming to my house tomorrow. How would the old women react once they knew who was in my bed? How would people react when they found out Emilia and I had said 'I love you' to each other?

I shut my door and tried to get rid of those thoughts. Did their opinions really matter if I loved Emilia? All the other women in my life hadn't matter that much to me so I didn't care about the rumors. It was easy to not care about opinions when you didn't care about the women you were making love to. When she was next to me I would be able to endure my fears. Seeing her beauty would help me push the opinions of everyone away.

"You okay?" A young man asked.

"Yeah, just an exhausting drive." I said and turned to him with a smile.

"I can hear you on that one."

With a slight nod I headed to the supermarket and wandered through the light crowd of people. Many must have just come here after work as they were yawning. One woman nearly fell asleep as she looked at fruit. It took me a few minutes to remember where the condoms were and then my steps became more certain.

My troubles came when looking at the names and figuring out which condom I should use. There were some that seemed only different by their brands and nothing else. Which made me wonder which brand was the best. I started laughing because out of everything in my relationship with Emilia, it was condoms that were making me want to break down crying. She was a much younger woman than me and that didn't make me bat an eye now. That had only been an excuse for me to stay away and now it was a minor part of our love to me. Hopefully I wouldn't worry about condoms soon like I didn't care about her age.

I made a good guess about which one to buy and then made my way to the counter. When I stood in the checkout line it felt like I was a young man again and buying my first condoms. The same feeling of happiness went through my body and it seemed as if everyone was looking at me. Many young people had the mistaken idea that the older you got, the less likely you were to have sex. It always made me smile that when they got older they would find out that wasn't the case.

"Who are you buying those for?" A teenager asked me.

"That's rude!" The boy next to her exclaimed. "He's buying them for himself."

"He's the age of my grandpa, no way is he fucking."
She held up her phone and took a picture of me before I could respond. There was now going to be a picture of me, Iain Glen, on the internet and the knowledge Emilia Clarke was visiting me would come soon after. Sure I could try to hide her but that would be unfair. Hopefully people would think of those things as coincidences. That everyone didn't want me to get with her to the point not many would spread the information. Maybe these two and their friends didn't know who I was and so my relationship could be a secret one for just a little while longer.

The drive home wasn't noteworthy in the slightest. There was just a growing sense of happiness in my veins. In all my wildest dreams I wouldn't have expected her to actually visit me. I thought it was talk that every couple made. Talk that had no bearing on the truth and was merely something said in the moment. But now she had proven true to her word and she had said 'I love you'. I mouthed the words and smiled even wider. I turned on the radio and I sung along to a David Bowie song.

No comments:

Post a Comment