Monday, August 28, 2017

Crossing the Divide 73

"What's your name?" Eve asked as she couldn't stay silent any longer.

"Rin."

"No, that's the name Father gave you in Essos. What's your real name?"

"I never thought to ask. I didn't even know my mother or father."

I hardly remembered the day my pack rescued me. I knew the scent of my mother was strong and smelled like fire. A fire that had been burning since the Targaryen's genocide of my House and would die off with me. Unless I had children with Jon Snow. I would be the first and last true Kaari in the Nightmare. Then again the Kaari were all about change and I had given the majority of my children gifts. What if I didn't have to have children with Jon? What if all of my children would be the start of a new human line of Kaari? Then my House wouldn't die, it would just evolve into something else. It might have been my fear of changing and failure that had held that thought back.

"What's a popular Kaari name?" Eve asked.

"Hisara." Alex said as he returned with Eyrie in his arms. "Lady Hisara discovered ice dragons. She was also the one to make ice and fire dragons a reality. The next stage of evolution for her House."

I smiled at him. He had remembered the history of my House. I wondered if he had remembered such information just to prove he could survive in Westeros. That when he traveled with me he wasn't going to a land he knew nothing about. That would solve one of his problems once he traveled but not all of them. My husband would need to learn how to properly survive without all the luxuries he now had. He would have to learn to live in a completely different society.

When I had mentioned bringing Alex to both Jorah and Jon, they had two very distinct opinions. Jorah didn't like sharing me with yet another man and was wary as he had heard stories about the doctor. Jon, on the other hand, was extremely confused. Eventually he decided he didn't mind. Later I had calmed Jorah down and he grudgingly agreed.

"Is that your name?" Eve inquired.

"Maybe it is." I replied. "Maybe my real name is Hisara Kaari."

-This is a Mature Story
-It's a Game of Thrones/Resident Evil Fic
-It's a Doctor Isaacs Fic

You can read it HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment