Monday, August 14, 2017

Crossing the Divide 69

"It seems due to us not executing the man that killed a Doctor Isaacs clone, people think we don't value him." K-Mart said. "They wonder why such an act of aggression is not being dealt with more."

"He did get all rank and privileges revoked." I pointed out. "He has also been given duties that are far beneath him. I just think that execution is a little too far. If I executed the man I would be playing to my base emotions. Emotions that if left unchecked would consume me."

"You can control them." Sam retorted. "You can control them enough to kill him. He deserves to die for what he has done. There was no justification."

I could understand Sam's point of view. He was also a clone of Alex and had personal stakes in this decision. He probably saw himself being assassinated and no one caring. He didn't hate me for my decision, but he didn't agree with it either. I looked at Alex who showed no emotion. To him clones were just things like horses, important but not worthy of love. Even a clone of himself dying hadn't affected him. He was a cold man, my husband.

"Death is a loss of control." I said, trying to justify myself. "When a man dies, mortals lose control of his fate. It is then we must pray that the gods feel just as much hatred towards the man as we do. If I killed him then we wouldn't be sure he would be punished."

Sam looked at me and I could tell he didn't believe me. I could have lied to myself and said it was because he was consumed by vengeance, but that was a lie. I had let the clone murderer live because I was afraid of my own darkness. Now that decision might cost me the stability of the Mormonts. This meant I had to reverse my decision in a way that didn't seem unfair. That didn't seem too barbaric. Humans were so hard to please at times. At one moment yelling for violence and the next being angry about it.

"So do you think we should give the man a harsher sentence?" I asked my friends. "And, if so, what?"

-This is a Mature Story
-It's a Game of Thrones/Resident Evil Fic
-It's a Doctor Isaacs Fic

You can read it HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment