Saturday, August 12, 2017

Crossing the Divide 68

"I knew you wouldn't stay with just one man." Nymeria said with a devilish grin on her lips.

She, myself, Jorah, Jon, and Bronn were at the front. While the others rode on horses, I had found another stag to ride on. Ghost would walk beside Jon's horse and then run off for a little bit. But he always returned. Davos and Arya rode their dragons so that they could guard us. I had started Jon's training with Rhaegal and would continue it every time we rested. Selmy was guarding Lei as she had started to show signs of being unstable. I didn't want any harm to come to her because of her grief. I had to admit I was growing to trust the Selmy more. Bronn and I had discussed about changing my Lord Commander. He seemed to agree with Selmy taking his position merely so he could have a castle.

"I chose Jon for duty." I replied.

"He doesn't look like a man I would choose for duty." She said.

"You and I have different tastes in men."

Nymeria just grinned. She didn't know about the other reality I went to and the husbands I had there. If I had mentioned them I was sure she would have commented on them. Talked about them without end. Only stopping to discuss business.

"But the same taste in leaders." Nymeria said. "My mother is a good woman but she has grown too confident. A woman like Daenerys can be killed but there is no one left to rule that could be controlled."

"Do you want me on the Iron Throne only if you can use me?" I asked.

"No. I want you on the Iron Throne because I want to focus on my home. I want to make Dorne stable for the first time since I helped overthrow the former prince. I can't do that if the Seven Kingdoms are at war."

"Overthrew the former prince?" Bronn asked with a laugh. "That's an odd way of saying you killed your uncle."

-This is a Mature Story
-It's a Game of Thrones/Resident Evil Fic
-It's a Jorah Mormont Fic

You can read it HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment