Saturday, August 26, 2017

Crossing the Divide 72

"May I be frank, Your Grace?" Selmy finally asked.

"You may, Ser Barristan." I replied.

"I did what I had to do to protect Daenerys. Jorah was never going to tell her the truth so the duty fell to me."

While my husband was honorable there was no doubt in my mind the man was correct. Jorah would always have had to be pushed into confessing the truth. Still, Daenerys could have let him explain himself more fully. She could have been kinder to the man who had risked everything for her. Yet she had sent him away. It had fallen to Selmy to tell my former queen the truth.

"You could have told her to restrain herself when talking to Jorah." I argued. "She could have avoided him having grey scale in the first place."

"I did not know him as well as she did." Selmy said. "If I had known him I would've reacted differently. What I saw was a man who had lied once and might done so again. I couldn't risk Daenerys' safety for a man I didn't really know."

-This is a Mature Story
-It's a Game of Thrones/Resident Evil Fic
-It's a Jorah Mormont Fic

You can read it HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment