Sunday, August 20, 2017

Crossing the Divide 71

Red, the color I had chosen for Alice, spread more densely on the map. It seemed as if there was a hand about to curl around the cure distribution area. I had to remind myself that the added red was merely minor sightings. This could mean Alice or her allies had appeared in the area briefly. Possibly only one or two minor members of her team at that. Still it meant that the distribution area could become compromised and quickly.

"Give an estimate how long Alice has been around the distribution zone." I told Noah.

"One month at most." Noah said after a brief pause. "Most likely less."

If that were true then Alice wouldn't have been able to fortify any real stronghold. At least not to such an extent that the Mormonts would have problems overpowering her. I could simply do what my husbands wanted and crush Alice so that the distribution area would be secure. That would be simple and easy, yet I was unsure about that plan. Not only would it cause a further divide between Alice and myself, there was the matter of innocents being harmed. It was my caring for innocents that had started me along this path and I wouldn't give up their lives easily.

"Shut off the holograms, Noah." I said and the AI did so. "Inform the Kaari to go to the Council room. Tell them I have made a decision."

I walked out of the room and towards my destination. As I walked the humans looked at me in worry. I was walking with more purpose than I usually did. It was as if I were a wolf about to chase his prey. Near the Council room I saw Chris. He looked at me and I at him. We started to head towards the Council room together. He was of high enough rank, being the leader of the Rasiki, to join in on any Council meeting if he wanted. He usually avoided them, though.

"I assume you made a decision." Chris said.

"Yes." I replied.

"And I also assume some of the Kaari won't be happy."

"Can you guess which ones?"

Talking with him felt good. He was a good friend and had accepted I felt no love for him. To this day I had to be reminded that he was the true father of Alec Isaacs. I had to be reminded that we both had lost a son when Alec had died.

"Alexander and Samuel." Chris replied and then grinned when he saw he was right. "Those two want to fight even when there are other options."

"Alex nearly destroyed the world on accident." I pointed out. "Sam is still angry about being grown instead of born. I keep both in control and they will both do what I want."

-This is a Mature Story
-It's a Game of Thrones/Resident Evil Fic
-It's a Doctor Isaacs Fic

You can read it HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment