Friday, June 26, 2015

His Name was Claxton (Herbie's Journal)

In Seitou's clan, dragons that do not fulfill a breeding project or are otherwise unfit to be in the clan are first shown off to other clans to see if they want them and, if no clans choose them, they are then exalted to the Shadowbinder. I had hoped that he wouldn't be accepted by another clan so that I could spend more time with him.

As he was exalted, I can say his name: Claxton.

But he wasn't exalted by my clan, no, but first I must say my feelings on him.

Claxton was part of a breeding project starting with Metis and PaulMuadDib. If one of their offspring had the genetics needed and was a female, she was to bred with me. It is Jademoon's hope that some of my psychic abilities will be imparted to that offspring. And that she will look black as night with a few gems covering her body.

Claxton was perfect genetically, but I could not breed with him and so it was decided he would not be kept in the clan. His posture is truly an inspiration with every movement, even as a hatchling, self-assured. I visited him in the Auction House and when he grew to adulthood his figure was even more impressive.

When he spoke to you, you listened and it felt good to obey him.

However, his genetics weren't the only reason he wasn't kept in the clan.

Metis, who is in charge of doing a psychological evaluation of a potential clanmate, found him too dangerous. All the things that made him good, made him unfit to be in the clan. His need to be alpha, which I could feel even when I first saw him after he hatched, would make him at constant odds with Seitou.

I also felt, when I dared to look, that he had a lack of empathy. All that power and control was to go to himself and no one else.

I checked at the Auction House today and saw him gone. Following leads, okay I did read minds so I didn't have to be rude and ask, I found him to be serving the Plaguebringer now.

Seitou has a leaning towards the Plague Flight and so I'm worried about telling him this. It is good that Claxton is serving someone who will allow his cruelty to be let out and maybe learn respect, but will Seitou take this as a sign to switch Flights?

I have already done so once. I don't want to do so again.

As always, feel free to comment any questions to me below. I'll answer them in the future when I have time.

Herbie's Journal's Table of Contents

No comments:

Post a Comment