Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The Green: Origins 2

My mind was at once loud and silent. A million thoughts went a thousand different directions. I was finding out I was important and useless all at once. If Plague were to ask me what I was thinking i couldn't tell him.


As Makija's tape finished, I tried to become calm again. No need to appear to be freaked out if Plague were to come back soon. I looked down at the tape player, such an ancient device to humans, and wondered why.


To calm myself down I felt the tape player and tried to gain focus. There was no doubt in my mind that Makija's final recording was the most honest thing he had ever said. No matter how much it pained me now, and probably would in the future, I couldn't doubt the things said on the tape.


I heard footsteps and looked up in anticipation of Plague. Maybe he could erase what I had heard on the tape. As he entered the room, I got off the table I had been sitting on. He looked at the tape player and then my face.


"Did you find out too?" I finally asked him.


"I found out that Yuji Makija is Henry Johnson." Plague paused before continuing. "He is your father."


I laughed sadly. "No, he wasn't my father. I have no father."


"But, John," I felt my mind race and slow at the mention of the name when Plague said it. "You've known for awhile what your real name and father are."


"I'm not Matthias. I'm not John Johnson. I have no real father." This time it was my turn to pause. "Johnson dealt with cloning."


As the implications entered Plague's mind I said, "I guess you can call me Clohn now."
-----------------------------------------------------
 The Green Blog aka Gralg Contamination

The Green Facebook Page

No comments:

Post a Comment