Thursday, September 20, 2012

The Green: Origins 1

The building appeared in the distance. It came closer and closer as Plague drove faster. I leaned back in my seat and recalled Jillian. Luckily enough, Plague had grown calmer with each passing hour.


Maybe it was the fact that the world was ending. Or the fact that he truly loved me. Whatever the reason: it seemed that he had forgiven me. Now the only thing affecting me about her was the why of the situation.


Finally we reached the building and I got out of the car quickly. I couldn't believe what I saw.


"Matthias!" Plague yelled. I didn't care if anyone affected by Gralg came after me. I was home.


I stopped in front of the familiar entrance.


"It's home." I told Plague as he caught up with me. "This is the place with the scientists."


He put his hand on my shoulder. "Well, let's get your father and get out of here."


"Yeah," I said while smiling. "Let's do that."


I held onto Plague's hand as we pushed the door that promptly fell down. What this place had been, it wasn't now. The way it shined was gone as well as the people. Except for the few corpses that were lying on the ground. The most shocking thing about the corpses was that there seemed to be no trace of Gralg from their attackers.


Plague and I looked at each other.


"You going to be able to handle yourself?" He asked.


"Yes." I replied. Though I was uncertain if I would be able to.


Plague seemed to pick up on my nervousness but still left me to my own devices. And my own devices took me back to my old room and, finally, the table that I had woken up on. Before the table there had been nothing that I could remember.


Maybe if I went onto the table I could remember what I had forgotten. As I took my first trepid steps, my foot pushed against a corpse. I jumped back and looked down. When I looked down I saw that it was Yuji Makija.
------------------------------------
The Green Blog aka Gralg

The Green Facebook Page

No comments:

Post a Comment