Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Sushi, Sake, and Tanuki: After the Fall 4

I had been working on the farm for a few hours. I imagined Yomosa lying next to me in bed just to make it through the day. I had no choice but to let myself be affected by the heat like a regular human. And humans couldn't deal with heat like I could normally.


While I thought about taking the day off I realized that I couldn't. While these humans didn't want me here I had to repay them in some form. And if they had decided it was by working on the farm, so be it.


Finally I was given some interesting work when I was told to kill a rooster. This was due to it not acting nicely to a fellow rooster. Plus, it was meat that the village wanted above all else. The rooster looked at me and realized I wasn't human. So it went to attack me.


It was almost like a mortal attacking a goddess. After a few pecks I was able to cut its head off. I didn't allow the blood coming out to go onto me. Though I allowed a smile when I knew it was dead. Looking out of the doorway I saw a fellow worker eye me oddly.


I would like to describe what I meant by that but I couldn't, not if I wanted to. It was just odd. I didn't know if it was that I couldn't read humans that well or if it actually meant something.


When lunch came I was able to eat alone with Yomosa. I looked around to make sure that no one would over hear us.


"What is it, Rig?" She asked.


"There was an odd incident when I killed a rooster today." I replied.


"Oh, come on, you're still alive aren't you?"


"Sometimes enemies strike slowly and take their times. My enemies can live for millenia."


"Come off it. Who would be after you?"


"The goddess Akumie."


"Never heard of her."


"She isn't one of the big ones." I said and we remained silent for a few minutes to make sure we weren't being observed.


"So, what did you do to piss her off?" Yomosa asked when she could.


"Said I loved her just to have sex." I replied and she slapped me. Luckily another slap didn't soon follow that one and I was able to finish my work on the farm.


Going back to our room at evening we were joking around. We opened our door expecting to find our room uninhabited and ready for some play. Whether it would be sexual or not was yet to be seen. We just had to go through the door.


Going through the door revealed it the room to be torn apart. It looked like a demon had torn through it and left in anger at not finding its prey. Had Akumie done it? Or had the villagers done it to get us out quicker?


"Don't worry." Yomosa told me. But I had to worry. For both of our sake's.
---------------------
Sushi, Sake, and Tanuki Blog aka Companion to Rig's World

Sushi, Sake, and Tanuki Facebook Page

No comments:

Post a Comment