Wednesday, May 23, 2012

S&N: Being New 6

We were back at Samara's house. I only lived there, but I belonged there more than Mark did. Which was why his elbow was a few inches deep into the wall now. I stood over him and was only concerned with making sure that he didn't make any movements that would threaten me.


There was silence that had begun when I had thrown Mark away from Samara. Wasn't it enough that I had allowed him to go with her to steal the M-1? Wasn't it enough that I allowed his presence to mess up my security over this house? Obviously not.


Stewart was the calm one. I swore he had some Machine in his blood. All the others reacted normally.


"Metal bitch!" Mark yelled and tried to get up. I stopped him.


"Nazilla, he was only trying to make sure Samara was okay." Martha said.


"I scanned her," I replied. "She is fine."


And all of them were fine. The others had only encountered minor gunfire. Samara had assured me that it was highly unlikely that they had been identified.


"You might need to get your systems dealing with emotions looked over." Stewart said. The first words he had spoken since he had gotten back. "Though they do seem to be very human ones."


I looked down at Mark and helped him up. I could tell that we were connected in that one moment. We both didn't want to be near each other. I walked him over to the bathroom so he could use the first aid kit there.


"You're out of control." Mark finally said as he started repairing himself.


"You were overstepping your bounds. You were going after my girlfriend." I replied.


"And why shouldn't I? You're an M-4, a Machine. You don't deserve her."


"Neither do you."


"But at least I'm human. At least my emotional systems don't need checking like yours." Mark said and left since he was done.


He had been angry and his judgment had been clouded. But was he right?


A few hours afterwards and I was with Samara in bed. I was remaining emotionless on the outside while my Machine and human minds were conflicted on the inside.


"Mark told you something, didn't he?" She asked.


"Yes." I said and touched her naked breast with my hand. "Do you think we should be together? I'm a Machine and you're human. The only thing holding us together is nostalgia."


Samara touched the top of my hand and I squeezed. "I don't care." She whispered in my ear. After that she remembered only pleasure while the majority of my mind was focused on what Mark had told me.
-------------------------
S&N Blog aka Karma HQ

-THIS SERIES IS NOW ON HIATUS!-

No comments:

Post a Comment