Sunday, May 27, 2012

The Eternal Heart: Eyes Opened 2

There was silence and the only sound were small rain drops. As of now, they were spaced far apart. But a storm was assured. I hated silence of this kind. The kind when there was a coming storm. Finally the heavy rain started.

The desert, that's what it was now, didn't receive the rain very well. Luckily for us, the shack was made post-Judgement Day. We would be safe. At least the two Greys would be.

"Hey." I said when the boredom got too great for me.

There was no reaction from Jesse, but Riley shifted one foot. At least it was a reaction.

"So you two going to do anything?" I asked. "You can tie me up and enjoy yourselves."

"Don't listen to it, Riley." Jesse whispered into Riley's ear.

"Why not?" She asked.

"Isn't it obvious?" I replied. "She doesn't want me to disturb you."

Jesse looked me over and seemed to be deciding between two options. When she had reached a decision she said, "You don't have the power to disturb her. Go ahead and ask your questions."

Even though I didn't fully trust Riley, she was the most trustworthy one at the moment. "Why are you here, Riley?" I asked.

With a slight nod from Jesse, Riley answered me, "We were scouting the area. There's a Skynet Base close by and the Resistance needed more information. Jesse decided to come along."

Realizing she couldn't stay silent, Jesse added, "I'm usually away on a submarine so I can't be with Riley."

Jesse took Riley's hand in hers. That wasn't a random motion. It was a warning from Jesse.

Something bothered me about what Riley and Jesse had implied. Well, that they had said. "But there's no Skynet Base close by." I said.

"Hasn't your metal brain realized something?" Jesse said in a controlled rage. "Or is Skynet losing its touch?"
---------------------
The Eternal Heart Blog aka The Wars Against Skynet

No comments:

Post a Comment