Friday, May 25, 2012

The Eternal Heart: Eyes Opened 1

Jesse Flores, who I knew as a Grey, was walking around the little shack I had found us. She didn't seem angry at the choice of location even though I would've been. Riley Dawson was following her and they were talking. I would've listened in if I could hear them.

But, as I watched them, I found out that they were using hand signals they had learned from Skynet. Well, Terminators had taught the duo the signals. Riley didn't seem to be adept at the slight signals and Jesse had to keep on correcting her.

This shack was away from the Resistance Base 42. It was still close enough, though, to run back and get others to help. Images from my dream that one night came back to me. I shook the doubts away. It had only been a dream. I was working for the Resistance and not Skynet. Never Skynet.

Finally Riley walked over to me. She seemed to be scared of me, since her movements seemed to be slow and guarded. I didn't know how I looked to her. I hoped I looked calm.

"I'm Riley Dawson." She said.

"I know, I have ears." I replied. "You're really not that scared, are you?"

"Should I be?" She asked.

"You are a Grey."

"And you are..."

"I am Jash and I fight for the Resistance. I will never give up the fight against Skynet. Never. Even if death parts me from the war."

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Jesse tense up. I knew if I even moved an inch in the wrong direction, I would have to deal with her.

"And what makes you sure that you're on the right side?" She asked.

"It's the Resistance, that's enough for me." I replied, ignoring the fact that doubts were starting to build up.

Riley nodded and held out her hand. "Maybe I'll be on your side one day."

I looked at the hand. Was this a good cop, bad cop thing? Or did she really believe what she said? And did it really matter at this moment? I shook her hand and said,"The Resistance will be happy to have any soldier that is loyal."

After that Riley went to Jesse. Though their movements were small, they showed love. Not love for a fellow soldier, but for a lover. I didn't remember anyone from the Resistance acting like that.

Not even when I snuck up on them and caught them by surprise.
---------------------
The Eternal Heart Blog aka The Wars Against Skynet

No comments:

Post a Comment