Thursday, May 17, 2012

S&N: Being New 4

Each drop of water was picked up by my ears and I could tell which ones hit Samara's body. A human would be forced to rush in and surround herself into her. By the non-erotic sounds that came out of Samara's mouth, I could tell that she was disappointed. In the human part of my mind, I was angry for not joining her.


"You're jealous." Samara finally said from inside the shower.


"I can't be jealous." I replied. "Besides, your faithfulness to me is all but assured."


"Then you're angry that Mark seems to think he is better for me than you."


I thought about that for a moment. "Yes, that would be correct."


"What about the others?" She asked and I could tell, by her movements, that she was trying to get me inside.


"Rebecca should've stuck with her singing career. She has the looks for it." I replied.


Samara laughed. "Her younger sister was the one to get her into Karma."


Yes, Martha. The files I had been given showed her to be a very good soldier. Rebecca was the only family member that knew she was alive now.


"Martha and Stewart are the only ones I'd trust." I finally said. "But Stewart follows Mark and Martha follows Rebecca. Both who don't trust me."


Sam got out of the shower and started to dry off with a towel. "Thanks for protecting me." She said and threw a smile at me.


"It's the least I could do." I said and guided Samara downstairs.


Once we neared the kitchen I could hear the team talking. Mark had finished saying something and the others laughed. From their laughter it must've been a good joke. Once Mark caught my eye he nodded at me.


I could tell he was trying to hide his hate, but it wasn't working. Not for me at least.


"You want something to eat?" Martha asked and I smiled.


"Just coffee." I replied and she started to go to the coffee maker.


"Don't, it's not good for her systems." Samara replied. Once she entered Mark's sights I could see blood rush to a certain part of his body. I thought briefly about kicking that body part.


"Machines don't need to eat or drink, Martha, it's what makes them dangerous." Mark reprimanded Martha.


"It's good to treat it like a team member." Stewart replied. "M-4s have human minds as well as AI. For all purposes, it is still a thinking creature like humans."


Mark replied with a nod that was as emotionless as steel.


Samara walked behind me to go to the kitchen. She had walked close enough behind me to alert all of my sensors. Rebecca just looked at me. She had been silent the entire time.


"Have you found anything?" I asked. Trying to keep civil.


"Yes," Mark replied. "There is an M-1 in a police station close by. We should steal it."


"What do you think, my love?" I asked Samara.


Sam paused as she realized I was just trying to anger Mark. "It sounds like the best option at this point."


"You know why we're doing this?" Rebecca finally asked.

"Of course," I replied. "I wasn't made yesterday. An M-1 would help us spy on Playful Ballet easier. And you humans need all the help you can get."


Samara didn't react to my last sentence. She knew I was attacking in the only way that wouldn't leave a physical mark.
-------------------
S&N Blog aka Karma HQ

AND

S&N Paper aka War for the World

No comments:

Post a Comment