Monday, May 14, 2012

The Avengers (2012)

Title: The Avengers

Series: The Avengers

Type: Crossover (big time!)

Director: Joss Whedon (is our god!)

Starring: Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, and Scarlett Johansson

Rated: PG-13

Released: 2012

Personal Rating: 5/5

Oscars: N/A

Basic Plot: Nick Fury of S.H.I.E.L.D. brings together a team of super humans to form The Avengers to help save the Earth from Loki and his army.

Team Work Matters
Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer had a team work message. Well, right up until the final fight. The Avengers, however, keeps the whole team work message going all the way through. At first all The Avengers don't work well with each other (excluding Iron Man and the Hulk's bromance) and so have to learn quickly or else the Earth is destroyed. While it comes down to Iron Man saving the day, he couldn't have done it if the team didn't function as a whole.

Loki is Awesome
Heroes are great, but without a villain they are useless. Loki is a great villain. He is sure of himself and thinks everyone else is below him (he learned a little lesson when talking down to the Hulk, though). I can't deny I'm biased because I'm a fan of the Norse God Loki.

The 3D
While I've heard that the 3D for this movie is the post-production variety, it ain't half bad. I hate 3D but didn't mind it this time. Though if you're on a budget, I don't think missing the 3D will harm the experience.

Final Thoughts
This left me very happy (though I found out I missed the final end credit scene, as I thought the one with Thantos was it). The acting was superb and any faults were easily pushed to the back of my mind. There is eye candy for those that like girls and guys (the slight up and down motion of Johansson's twins). The effects help add to the story instead of taking away from it. I like that the threat was real and it was dealt with while paving the way for a bigger threat. All in all, you can't miss this Summer Movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment