Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The Eternal Heart: False Hero 3

The debriefing had been earlier and now things were actually going to happen. I was a little nervous as I hadn't gone into battle before. No, that couldn't be true. Must be because going into battle was so scary to me that my memory erased those moments.

"You feeling alright, Jash?" One of my comrades asked me. I couldn't remember his rank and he wasn't wearing any identification. And why should he? This mission was one of infiltration. We were going to pretend to be Greys, traitors to humanity, and destroy one of Skynet's bases.

"Yeah," I replied. "Just don't like the waiting."

"That's the majority of war." The words made him sound like he was making a joke, but there was no inflection to his voice.

Finally the boarding was happening. There were four trucks and I went to drive one. Me being a driver must mean that they trusted me not to panic. Especially in the situation we'd be getting ourselves into.

The comrade that was sitting beside me wasn't familiar but that didn't matter. We were all fighting the same enemy. Betrayals wouldn't happen until after the war, most likely.

After a few minutes I drove behind the third truck and the mission truly started.
As I drove I was still able to think about things other than my surroundings. This was because I had others in the truck with me and was aware enough to notice anything attacking the convoy.

What I decided to think about was a strange choice. It was something I was told during the debriefing. That I was to show no mercy to the Terminators. Also, that they could make themselves appear human. Though they were only in the beginning stages of the Infiltration Series.

Of course I wouldn't show any mercy to a Terminator! Even if it had human skin. The thought of a Terminator, a large chunk of lifeless metal, pretending to be human made me clutch the steering wheel tightly. The comrade sitting beside me looked at me so I lessened my grip on the steering wheel.

"Just preparing myself." I told her and she went back to making sure nothing was about to attack us.

What if she was a Terminator? No, couldn't be. Her skin was too human to be a Terminator. Her expression had been odd but that didn't mean anything. We were going into battle and so acting weird wasn't a warning. At least not to me.

We finally got to the base where a Grey was waiting to greet us. Well, that's how the plan was supposed to go. Since I was the last truck in the convoy, I watched the Resistance Fighters in the first truck deal with the guard.

But the guard didn't let us in. Instead he tried to shout before being shot. Then all of us headed quickly into the base. We had a mission to do.

Even in the first few minutes of this mission there was enough bloodshed of Greys and Terminators to fill me for a lifetime. Half-way through the massacre, that's what I considered it, I forgot what the mission had originally been. Hell, I didn't know what it was now. The only thought going through my mind was to kill.
---------------------
The Eternal Heart aka The Wars Against Skynet

No comments:

Post a Comment