Thursday, March 8, 2012

Literary Cesnorship By A Surprising Source

I am against the censorship of anything, especially classic pieces of literature. Pieces that are usually censored because people misunderstand the book's point.

I took the books below from THIS LIST:
Books have been banned because of people thinking that children will become unable to tell the difference between fantasy and reality (Bridge to Terabithia and Harry Potter series). Also because of profanity (The Color Purple and To Kill a Mockingbird).

But I'm not making this post about another book being banned. It's the fact that PayPal is now censoring where it takes money from. PayPal is supposed to be NEUTRAL. Their whole point is the transfer of money.

I agree that their idea of removing 'bad things' is a good goal. But it doesn't work in reality. As classic literature does have incest, rape, ect. but the books give a message. In which one or more unlikable things becomes necessary to tell the story.

Mind you, I'm not talking smut. I believe it shouldn't be censored, but it is NOT EVEN REMOTELY CLOSE to classic literature. 'Cause, you know, it's smut.


Video By SourceFed

No comments:

Post a Comment