Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Eternal Heart: False Hero 4

Note:This is a Terminator fanfic that combines a bunch of different timelines, twists them around, and so can't be said to follow any one certain timeline.


I shouldn't be blamed for what I was doing now. No one would blame me, but I blamed myself now. Running away from battle felt terrible. My right arm was injured and wouldn't allow me to shoot with any aim. I had shot some of my own men when I had tried.

Why was I running? There weren't any vehicles to get. It would take too much time to get one running. The terrain was good for hiding, as fate would have it. Not too good, Judgment Day had taken a number on Earth. I hid behind a boulder and killed the two that were pursuing me.

Well, that's what I would tell my superiors. Instead, I shot their kneecaps and continued to run. It would be a few miles before I could slow down. But I would reach base. I would make sure of it.

* * *

I had gotten back to my current base hours ago. The doctor had looked over me and I had rested. I didn't have any duties to perform so I started to explore. There were parts of the base that were off limits for some reason. A more obedient soldier than I would've left those areas alone. But I was curious.

Finding a lock door I picked it. It was surprisingly difficult. It lead to a 'hidden' area but the lock seemed odd. No matter, I got it unlocked and then opened it. Walking a few feet I saw a symbol on the walls.

On the left side it was easier to make out than the same one on the right side. The symbol was of a triangle. Two triangles and one diamond that made one big triangle. The symbol for Cyberdyne which was the company that had made Skynet.

They just had to be random sketchings on the wall. Just had to be. Even if they weren't, the Resistance was hiding out in a former Skynet base. No problem there. Right? As I reached the end of the hallway I entered a room that destroyed all doubts.

I leaned against a wall in shock at what I was seeing. I now knew that I had been fighting on the wrong side all along.

The room I was in was a factory. But not of anything useful to the Resistance. Right in front of my eyes Terminators were being made.

But how was it possible that I had been fighting for Skynet and not have known what I was doing? Could brainwashing really be that good of a tool?

Before I could think of anything more, something hit the back of my head and all was black.
----------
The Eternal Heart Blog aka The Wars Against Skynet

No comments:

Post a Comment