Thursday, March 1, 2012

The Eternal Heart: False Hero 2

Note:This is a Terminator fanfic that combines a bunch of different timelines, twists them around, and so can't be said to follow any one certain timeline.

"Chug! Chug! Chug!" My comrades said. It didn't matter which one. All of us were pretty drunk now and probably wouldn't remember tonight in the morning. Doing what they wanted me to, I chugged down another mug of beer. They cheered louder and the drinking continued.

Was the battle I was just in really that big? I didn't think so. It seemed more like a test than a battle. And definitely not something that a leader would allow soldiers should to get drunk for. Being in the state I was in now would make me less able to fight the metal. Turning to look at two of my female comrades, I saw them in a deep passionate kiss. Nothing stirred in me, but the men were starring.

This was odd. These were soldiers. Two women turning lesbian because of alcohol wasn't anything to worry about. But trained soldiers acting like schoolboys wasn't normal. Or was it? Couldn't I allow the soldiers, that were risking their lives, a little slack? No. No I couldn't.

As I started to walk over to them I stumbled and fell. The room erupted in laughter. "Fuck." I cursed under my breath. After a few minutes I was able to get myself back up. It seemed the party had died down quickly.

I felt a little strange and started going towards the sick bay. Probably just drunk, but I had to make sure.

After I stumbled into the sick bay, a doctor helped me to a table. This particular base didn't have a real sick bay.

"Seems like you got banged up bad." The doctor said in a comforting voice. But while his voice was kind, his face gave off no emotion. As he started to inspect me I saw him get some disinfectant. Probably homemade since it was better to do that. That was because if there was ever a shortage, you'd better save the best for the worst incidents. "So you just came back from that battle?"

"No." I said. What was up with this guy? "I got a little too drunk at the party tonight. I think it was to celebrate the battle."

"The party?" The doctor asked. "Oh, yeah, that. Yes, that's what the wounds are from. Forgot what can happen in parties."

"Don't you go to any?" I asked.

"Not often." He said, but I could tell he was lying. He didn't go to any. While that was, in itself, not suspicious. It seemed to mean something that he didn't know about the party.

* * *

I saw a field of nothing but sheep. Everywhere I looked there were sheep. One of the sheep closet to me had no wool on one side. Instead it was pure coltan like a Terminator. It noticed the attention I was giving it and it just looked at me. Then it ran at me and I woke up suddenly.

I saw I was still in my room and that there were no man killing Terminator sheep. Nope. Just regular killer robots. A second after waking up, I heard a knock on my door. I sighed and opened the door. One of my comrades was outside.

"What is it? I'm still waiting for my hangover to go away." I said angrily. Though I didn't know if it was a hangover. But those thoughts could wait.

"I can't tell you." He replied. "Only once the special group is gathered can I tell you. There can be no chance that someone outside of the special group will hear it."
----------------
The Eternal Heart Blog aka The Wars Against Skynet

No comments:

Post a Comment