Saturday, February 25, 2012

The Green: Remnants 4

Plague took a second look at my face. "Are you okay, Matthias?" He asked and then looked at George. George became completely still as he realized Plague was who he had to be worried about. I wasn't much, but Plague could cause serious damage when he wanted to.


"Someone causing you problems?" When Plague said 'someone' he looked at George to show who he was talking about.


I shook my head. "He wasn't harassing me or anything."


"Bullshit." Plague said. "So what's your name?"


"George Hunder." George replied.


"So, George, what are you doing here? We tracked a Gralg tip here."


"We were experimenting with Gralg. That is true."


"Even though you knew it is illegal?"


"What does it do? Why did it become illegal?" I asked. I realized that this could be one of the few chances I would get an answer to the question.


"The side effects." George started. "For most people it makes them rage instantly upon it being put into their mouths. There are a few that don't get that reaction but, instead, get the intended reaction. The intended reaction is helping the mentally disabled become like everyone else."


"So you were experimenting to make it better?" Plague asked.


George shook his head. "I knew that it wouldn't become legal anytime soon and...there was someone who needed Gralg." He paused for a moment. I assumed he wasn't lying due to the sadness in his eyes. "I, and my group, were experimenting to be able to hide it better. We were trying to make it into a plant. Unfortunately some escaped. We don't know when or how. Well, at least the exact time."


Plague crossed his arms and turned to me. He was making me part of the decision process. Even though I was untrained he was giving me a chance.


"He does have someone." I said to Plague.


"But he started an outbreak of Gralg." Plague turned to George. "I'm going to call the police but I'll tell them to go light on you for Matthias' sake."


I was going to say 'Thank You' but I realized that wouldn't be good. I thought he knew what George had told me. Or at least that George knew who I really was.


Plague left the room to call the police. I was left alone with George and his group. Unlike the last time, there was no talking. The police came and took George and his group. Plague stood by me.


"Don't worry," He said. "We'll figure out this Gralg business and then you can find out who you are."


I nodded. John Johnson. That was my real name. If George was telling the truth.
----------------------
The Green Blog aka Gralg Contamination

No comments:

Post a Comment