Monday, February 20, 2012

The Green: Remnants 3

"What did you call me?" I asked the man.


"John." The main repeated.


I shook my head. "My name is Matthias."


"Dammit, John, Henry must have done something to you." He said. "Your father is Henry Johnson. My name is George Hunder."


I sat by him, making sure that my guard wasn't lowered. It was impossible to know if George was telling the truth. His ass, along with his group, had been kicked. Plague and I had entered with hardly any resistance. I was simple minded, yes, and didn't have all of my memory. This made using the promise of knowing my past a good strategy.


I thought for a moment. Only Makija and the scientists at the lab would know about that. I was sure my impact upon everyday life wasn't great at all.


"Were we friends?" I asked George. If he said yes it would make believing him nearly impossible. Of course he would want me to think that he had been my friend. A friend would let him escape. I, not knowing him, wouldn't.


George shook his head. "We knew each other, but we were never friends." He looked me in the eyes. "I couldn't get that close to you because of your father."


"What was wrong with my father?"


"He was controlling you and you were scared." He looked around the room at his comrades and then turned his attention back to me. "You were the son of a scientist and all you were allowed to be was a janitor. Know what the worst part was?"


I shook my head and George replied, "He must've been doing things to you for years. The last day I saw you, you looked horrible. After that, it was impossible to find you." He laughed. "Hell, even finding your father became impossible."


"What was John like?" I asked.


"He was a good man. I hardly know more than that." George said. "And that's all I need to know."


I heard footsteps and pointed my gun at Plague.


"Jumpy?" He asked with a smile.


"Yeah," I replied. "Jumpy."
----------------
The Green Blog aka Gralg Contamination

No comments:

Post a Comment