Friday, February 17, 2012

The Green: Remnants 2

Sante Kol, New Mexico was a little hard to find. But Plague and I were finally able to find it. The small neighborhood had a foreboding atmosphere. As Plague was now driving, I was free to worry. Worry that I would get Plague hurt because of my stupidity.


Upon driving up the house's driveway, I put my gun into my hand. Mine was small and not all that powerful. That was okay by me since it meant that if I messed up I wouldn't kill Plague. I got out and turned to see Plague hold his own gun. Much more powerful but also controlled by trained hands.


Nodding to each other we walked quickly to the front door. Though my feet's movements were quick, it felt like time slowed down and sped up at the same time. I wasn't ready for an attack at this time. But the mission had to be obeyed. If not, I would never find out the secrets of Gralg.


When we were a foot away from the door a gun shot was fired. I froze and then I fired my first shot. With that one shot my worries slipped away. Other shots followed and then I felt a hand on my shoulder.


"You were good, Matthias." Plague's voice said and I turned to see a smile on his face. Looking around the room I saw that the people were merely injured and not dead.


"How many of those were mine?" I asked.


"Enough." He said. I didn't know if that was a bad or good thing. "Now help me make sure that they don't die."


The people we 'helped' didn't seem happy about it. The faces I looked at were either scared, angry, or a combination of both. When we were done, we tied them up.


After a minute I was finally able to calm down enough to inspect myself. I couldn't find any wounds on myself.


"Are you okay, Plague?" I asked. I was more worried about him than myself.


"Not a scratch." He replied and smiled at me.


"What do we do now?"


"You stay here, watch over these people, and wait until I return."


"Return?" I asked.


"I need to search the whole house." Plague explained. "Besides, I know what to look for better than you."


"Fine." I said and shrugged.


He put his hand on my shoulder. "Don't worry, you'll get your turn."


I put on a small smile and he left.


A few seconds after Plague left one of the men asked, "What's happening, John?"


My name wasn't John, but that man was speaking to me.

The Green Blog aka Gralg Contamination

No comments:

Post a Comment