Sunday, April 1, 2018

A Marriage of Convenience Chapter 10: The Home of Winter

This is a Game of Thrones fic. All rights belong to the copyright holders.

This chapter has been edited due to content. I did edit one sex scene to only plot relevant dialogue. If you want to see the unedited version GO HERE.


DAENERYS TARGARYEN
Jon had, once again, run away from me in an intimate moment. Again I was left confused about whether or not I had done something wrong. I had experienced enough of a release to last me until I could see Jorah again or if Jon would share my bed before we reached Winterfell. I wondered if my insistence of ******* had scared away the bastard.

While he had become an animal of sorts, he was still very human. It was as if he were trying to be an animal while being a man. Lovemaking, proper lovemaking, required participants to lose themselves in each other. Jon had shown himself to be quite stiff in all the wrong areas. Maybe he was like that because he still thought of Ygritte.

It had taken me some time to get over Drogo's death and into Jorah's arms. The one man, besides the Khal, that loved me. That saw the dragon inside and loved it. Jon was recovering from his own wounds and one day he would allow all his defenses to go down when he made love. Though getting over Ygritte would mean he would find himself in the arms of a woman that didn't love him. A cruel fate but Westeros needed a rightful ruler.

I slept for a few hours and woke from troubled dreams. I couldn't remember any of them but they left me with a sense of loneliness and the scent of people burning. I sat on the edge of my bed and allowed myself a few minutes to think. A few minutes to try and understand the horrors of what might have been visions. But I understood nothing as my dream, even the feelings and scent, had faded from me.

With sunlight coming in through the windows I got dressed. I didn't have a large collection of clothes to choose from and I wondered if that would change once I sat on the Iron Throne. The idea didn't excite me but it did make me curious as I put on my dress. A dress similar to the one Jon had torn up the night before.

I ended up having to call in a few Dothraki women to help me. We remained silent and I felt no need to talk with them. They weren't the people I felt safe opening up to. I wasn't going to mention to them I might be pregnant. Or that I would be pregnant soon. It was just a thought and I wondered if my dreams had any part to play in the matter. Maybe Jon had been right and the witch had lied. She had had no reason to be honest with me. I had trusted her but she had only wanted retribution for the pain she had endured.

The Dothraki women bowed and then left me to my own devices. I walked around the room remembering the night with Jon and dearly wished it had been Jorah. After the war, or hopefully sooner, I would be with him again.
I wanted to speak with and confide in Jorah. I wanted to ask about what to do if these newfound fears of having a child proved to be true. Both him and Jon were of the North so maybe hiding the father would be easy. Another worry was if I could identify the father. As of yet I hadn't experienced any signs of pregnancy. It could be that the child was Jorah's and it was still too early to identify. Or it could be Jon's and I had just conceived a child.

I was sure that Jorah wouldn't care either way but I was less certain about Jon. He might care very much. He was the one under the illusion that I loved him. He was the one that would be more than devastated that I didn't love him. That I had decided on Jorah over him. If I was being honest with myself, Jon was the better match. It would not be a good political move to marry Jorah as he was tainted. He had sold people into slavery and had dishonorably fled into exile.

Yet I loved Jorah more. I guess my heart had long ago chosen for me, it had just taken me awhile to see. Now that I saw I would never leave my sweet bear's side ever again. I would love him as purely and deeply as he had me. The first chance I had, I would tell him my thoughts and fears. That might be awhile, though, as the plan had to continue.

I decided that I should move around as now being in my room filled me with unease. I had to do something. So I exited my room and started to move around the ship. As it was so early there was nothing I could do. There was no one attacking and no big decisions to be made. On one hand I was very glad it was calm on the other it was extremely boring.

"Missandei?" I asked as I saw her walking towards her cabin.

"Daenerys." She replied with a smile and I followed her.

My friend had a glow about her as if she didn't feel sadness anymore. She had such a glow about her that I wanted to laugh. She looked so well but I felt uneasy as I stepped into her room. Once she had closed the door she looked at me with a smile on her face.

"Did you get the gift last night?" I asked.

"I attempted to get a child with Ser Jorah's help." Missaindei replied. "He was very keen on helping me with my gift."

Before she had sex with Jorah I had been fine with it. I guess it was because it didn't really feel like she would **** my love. I hadn't realized how jealous I would feel. I pushed back those feelings as if I allowed myself to feel them then Jorah would have a right to be jealous.

"Were you attracted to Jorah?" I asked her and she nodded.

"Yes." Missandei replied. "But I didn't realize how good of a lover he would be. How wild and giving a man that old could be. I think he's a much younger man."

"Do you love him?"

Was that question going too far? Would that question alert her to the fact that I had feelings for Jorah? That I had feelings that went beyond what I was supposed to?

"Just because he's a good lover doesn't mean I love him." Missandei said with a laugh. "Are you thinking of leaving Jon for him now?"

"No." I replied and decided to tell a half-truth. "Though how you describe his lovemaking makes me wonder if I made the wrong choice. Jon is good in bed but what you described seems to be a god."

Missandei and I laughed. It felt good to joke now as it might be the last time I would be able to for awhile.
* * *
There was a chill in the air once everyone had left the ship. White Harbor was busy as people were preparing for the winter. It was slightly disappointing that me and my men got lost in the chaos. I could understand, though, as no commoner would want to get involved in politics. At least that's a lesson Jorah had told me again and again.

Once I was on the dock I looked to Jorah following soon after with Missandei by his side. His hand was on his sword and his eyes were on mine. He was my dedicated lover as well as knight. With one glance we informed each other of more than others would suspect.

I could tell that after the one night with Missandei he had been with her on a few other occasions. He was tired from lovemaking and yet I could tell he would pleasure me if I only asked. He was also worried about my safety. I told him not to worry and that Jon had been a decent lover. I also told him I felt more than a little guilty over what I had done and my sweet bear told me to feel no shame.

The moment I turned away from Jorah, I was confronted by Tyrion. He seemed angry about something and he led the way to the carriages. I didn't know what would anger him so and I assumed it was nothing that would affect me. If that was the case he would've been more upfront about what he wanted to talk about.

"You shouldn't have done this." Tyrion said angrily. "I know you and Jon didn't decide to take the King's Road because you wanted to show unity. You were both so in love with each other you wanted to find a good place to ****."

"That's not true." I lied. "Showing unity to the North is of the upmost importance. If they see that I am merely seeking control, they won't ally themselves with me. Besides, isn't it you who wanted a union between Jon and myself."

"I didn't think it would lead to this insanity. And I know you ****** Jon because I walked by your cabins as you were getting into the thick of it. What makes that worse is that I had walked by Jorah's cabin earlier."
Tyrion was right. What my relationship with Jon had become was a far cry from what the Imp had envisioned. From a simple choice of me bedding Jon, it had become a complicated plan to secure the North by manipulating the bastard. The worst part was he didn't seem to notice what was being done to him. It was cruel and unkind. Yet I had to do the plan or risk not securing all Seven Kingdoms. I wouldn't admit anything to the Imp and instead would allow him to believe what he would.

"And what was Jorah doing earlier?" I asked.

"You know who he's fucking." Tyrion retorted.

"Missandei told me but I want to hear the story from your lips."

"I was walking to Jorah to spend some time with him over a few glasses of wine. I had guessed he would bed her at some point but had hoped that I was misjudging his intelligence. Unfortunately that was not the case. For someone who is usually so silent he can be very loud in bed."

As a chuckle nearly escaped my lips Tyrion glared at me. Then his look softened and he laughed. I guess he had had to admit that the entire incident was funny. It was good that Jorah and him were so close. That my two wisest men were on good terms. Well, as good of terms as they could be with their differing personalities.
* * *
"Winterfell." Jorah said and pointed to the castle in the distance.

Jon was beside me while Jorah and Grey Worm were on opposite sides of the carriage. My sweet bear was giving a look of reverence to the castle while Jon was barely hiding his excitement. We stopped and exited the carriage so that we could ride on horses for the final stretch.

Ghost came to sniff Jon before he mounted his horse. The direwolf was getting big enough that if Jon wanted to ride him, he could. Jorah helped me onto my own mount and looked at Jon. The two exchanged a look. The bastard was still jealous as if he couldn't let me have a moment with a friend.

Soon enough I was riding beside Jon and my two dragons flew overhead. Both of them excited to see this new place. Their own excitement caused me to smile and I looked at Jon. He kissed me briefly and I knew it wasn't to cause distress to Jorah. The bastard was so excited he couldn't hold back.


JON SNOW
It didn't feel like any time passed between me kissing Daenerys and us arriving at Winterfell. Finally I was where I was supposed to be and my mind started to clear. It was as if being in the South had made me lose myself. It was as if I had been a different person and now I was back to normal. As we stood in front of the castle I felt guilty for pursuing Daenerys.

I had given up the North's independence because I loved her. My love for her would make dealing with the Northern lords hard. They wouldn't understand how much I adored the Targaryen to the point I would give up my freedom. They wouldn't be able to easily tell how much she was different from her family. Or maybe they would trust my judgment as I had been right about the Wildlings.

At least I had told my love about Ygritte. I had explained to Daenerys how painful thinking about her could be. I had even told her about what I had seen after I had died. It had taken awhile as I had exerted great effort to explain the nothing that was everything. The dark that was light and all the shades in between.

"We will get the Lady right away, Your Grace." One of the guards said as he looked at me.

Daenerys' expression was unreadable but I guessed that she wasn't pleased at the greeting. I was sure that Tyrion had warned her about how cold of a welcome she would be getting. That if she lay naked in the snow it would only be a taste of how the Northern lords would greet her. Jorah looked at her and then looked at me. As always his scowl was unreadable and I wondered if he was scared to be here. Would he still expect Ned to come out here to kill him? Or was it shame that shook him?

"Jon!" Arya said as she bounded through the gates.

Ghost ran to her and the two fell down. I dismounted and landed just as the two finished their game. My direwolf shook the snow off which caused us all to laugh. I swore that even Jorah chuckled at the scene. Though when I looked at him the same old scowl was back. My attention was back to my sister after that. It had been so long since I had last seen her. When I had last seen her none of the chaos had happened. The last time I had seen her none of us could guess what would await us in our futures.

"Arya." I said and took my young sister in my arms.

We pressed our bodies close together and I felt her warmth. It was more than comforting to know that she was alive and I was with her yet again. For so long I had thought she was dead. Sometimes dreams would come to me where she was dead. Those dreams would show me in detail how she had died. How it had been my fault for not being there. I had only left her with a sword and none of the training.

Those dreams weren't as terrifying as other dreams I had had. As her body pressed close to mine I remembered. I remembered those dreams in which we made love. It was sweat and better than anytime in real life I had ******. It made me wonder if it would be the same way if I actually ****** her.

"I've missed you." Arya said and broke our embrace.

"I've thought you were dead." I replied.

She looked at me, looked away, and then returned to looking at me. I wanted to believe that she wasn't thinking of taking me the way I had been thinking of taking her. I didn't want her like that. If only I could stop the thoughts of pure insanity that seeped into my sleeping mind. She must only be thinking of how different we had been back before Ned died and Winterfell fell to the Boltons.

"Sansa has been doing a good job as queen." Arya said and glared at Daenerys.

"I'm only a Warden now, not a king." I corrected her.

"I know."

I couldn't help but grin at my sister. Daenerys' reaction was...she didn't react. It seemed like she felt guilty of something. She was guilty of nothing and she shouldn't feel otherwise. I had made my choice on my own accord. I had decided to choose her over everything else. That might turn out to be the wrong decision, but I would take the consequences without shame.

Over the course of an hour Daenerys' and my men were allowed into Winterfell. We walked to the Great Hall with people giving us odd looks. Everyone knew who my love was while only a few knew what Jorah Mormont looked like. To those who knew both the sight looked very odd. I was joining forces with a Targaryen who the North hated and a man that had been sentenced to execution many years before.

When we finally made our way into the Great Hall, Sansa had an angry expression on her face and Bran looked distant. It hardly appeared like he was human. He looked like my brother and yet...and yet there were differences. Time had taken a toll on all of us and it was foolish for me to think we'd all remain the same. All of us had been forced to change so we could live.

Sansa gave a signal and it was only myself, Daenerys, Jorah, Tyrion, Missandie, Grey Worm, Brienne, and my siblings in the Great Hall. There was a tension in the air and I held myself steady despite of it. I was Warden of the North and future King of Westeros, I wouldn't allow others to see how nervous I was. Though I highly doubted my siblings would be fooled.

"Jon, you've bent the knee at the worst time possible." Sansa said angrily. "I have had to deal with foiling Lord Baelish's plot and keep things calm in Winterfell. If you haven't noticed Winter has come and we now know the dead will come with it. Why did you ever bend the knee now?"

"He bent the knee because he knew it was the right thing to do." Daenerys replied calmly.
The two women looked at each other. For a moment I was worried that both would begin arguing with one another. Sansa had a point that what I had done was wrong. Daenerys also had a point. She thought I was noble while the fact was I only existed now to serve her. I would do anything to have her by my side.

"We needed Daenerys as an ally." I chimed in. "I was only doing what was right for Westeros."

That wasn't entirely true. By the time I bent the knee Daenerys had already given her support. But Sansa didn't need to know that now. Not that she would remain ignorant forever as she had become a very clever woman. A woman that was a better leader than me at the moment.

"Did Baelish hurt you?" I asked as rage began to build in me.

"No, he didn't." Sansa reassured me. "He tried to turn me against Arya, though. He must have been too confident for his own good as that would never happen. Arya and I have our differences but never to the point that we'd want the other dead."

"Baelish's time was up." Bran said as if he was far away. "This isn't the time for men like him. If Arya hadn't killed him, he would've died another way."

I wondered what he saw in his greensight, something Arya had hastily explained to me before we had reached the Great Hall. From his tone I couldn't tell if he even hated Baelish or just saw him as another pawn in some greater game. The old Bran had died and a new one had taken his place. But that wasn't a bad thing as the same was true of both Arya and Sansa.

For the next few hours Sansa updated us on what had been going on in Winterfell while I updated my siblings about my own adventures. I had wondered about Nymeria and was glad she was alive. Arya's direwolf was like her. It would be odd to see my sister handling politics though I trusted her to if Sansa died. Her sense of duty to our House overrode her own needs. Like it did mine.

"We can discuss other matters later." Daenerys said. "We need a rest from our journey and to think over what you have said."

"Your rooms have been prepared for you." Sansa said.

"I need to tell you something, Jon." Bran said just as I was about to leave with Daenerys.

"I'll be fine." Daenerys reassured me. "Something tells me you need time with your family."

I nodded and watched her leave. I hadn't made love to her since that one night on the ship. Part of me wondered if that was on purpose or merely because of our travels. In any case that wasn't important now as I pushed Bran through the halls of my home. Winterfell seemed different since I had taken it back from the Boltons. It was as if I was constantly reminded that the old and safe life was forever gone from me. While that should've made me afraid, it comforted me instead. I had been strong enough to endure every hardship and would continue to be as strong as before.

"How did you survive?" I asked Bran.

"People helped me." He replied. "Eventually I ran into the previous three-eyed raven. He helped me but was killed before I could finish my training."

"And Hodor?"

"He...he died for me. He was always meant to die for me."

I didn't bother asking my brother to explain as I was sure the answer would confuse me. All I could tell at the moment was that he felt guilty. Whatever answer he gave me would be both an explanation and a reason why he wasn't guilty. Or maybe he would confirm that he had a part to play in Hodor's death. For now there were more important things to worry about.

"I saw Uncle Benjen." Bran said. "He rescued Meera and myself."

"I saw Uncle Benjen, too." I replied sadly. "He died defending me."

We were silent until we entered Bran's room. I smiled when I saw Sam inside. Once my brother was in the room with the door shut behind him, I hugged Sam. It was so good to see him again. He was one of my oldest friends and I had met him while in the Night's Watch.

"I heard you died." Sam said with a smile.

"I heard you became a maester." I replied.

"I don't think either of those roles fits us right now."

I listened intently to Sam's story and he listened the same to mine. He had found a cure for greyscale and was the reason Jorah was alive today. Any jealousy I would've felt was washed away by the fact Sam was here.

"I will return if they'll let me." Sam replied. "But I couldn't stay there when the dead are coming. I can't die knowing I just let things happen."

"Bran said he had something to tell me." I said feeling worried now.

"Samwell helped me with some information." Bran said. "The truth...it won't be easy for you to take. But I assure you it is true and we are not lying to you."

Now I was worried and turned to Sam. Any hint of a smile had now left his face. Was it the information that scared him or my reaction to it?


JORAH MORMONT
As soon as I stepped out of the Great Hall after the tense meeting, Missandei was by my side. Her eyes shone with an otherworldly light as Grey Worm stood behind her. He didn't appear angry, though sometimes his emotions weren't the easiest to read. It shocked me when Daenerys' friend hugged me tightly.

"I'm pregnant, Jorah." Missandei whispered in my ear. "I can sense a child in my womb. Grey Worm is excited and is very thankful for your help. He will be a good father."
With that she ended our embrace. I looked again at Grey Worm and tried to decipher his look. I trusted Missandei and would continue to do so. I also couldn't help but wonder if he felt like less of a man because I had to help. But all of those questions could be answered later as I didn't want to take away from Missandei's excitement.

"I am happy for you, Missandei." I replied. "I see good things in your future with Grey Worm."

"Can we come to you if we need your help again?" Grey Worm asked.

"I would be honored to help."

Missandei was a good lover and I wouldn't mind bedding her again. Grey Worm was a lucky man not only to have a lover such as she but to not have to hide his love for her. My love affair with Daenerys was entirely different. If anyone suspected the Targaryen liked me as more than a friend things could go wrong. While I didn't think Jon would react badly, he wouldn't be happy and a rift might open between us.

"Ser Jorah?" Daenerys called out and I turned.

"Yes, Khaleesi?" I replied with a bow.

Missandei and Grey Worm looked at us and then left. They knew whatever conversation that was about to take place would be private. There were other people coming and going around us. Luckily most of those people didn't show any interest in me and Daenerys.

"This is my first time in the North." Daenerys said and I could sense the lust underneath her words. "I need to know about both Winterfell and the North to understand my new allies. I am aware that one wrong move could ruin everything."

"I can help you." I replied. "House Mormont is very loyal to House Stark. I know a lot about both Houses due to personal experience."

"And the other Houses?"

"I was Lord of Bear Island at one time, I know things about the other Houses."

"Come to my chambers so we can discuss more."

Daenerys pretended to be nervous about the others looking at us. Others wouldn't guess her true reasons for needing to talk with me. They would think she needed to keep up her regal appearance and that was it. A few minutes later and a servant was leading us to her chambers. We all walked in silence as I dearly wished I could kiss her without questions being asked.

Once we were in her chambers and the door was shut we kissed. I wrapped my arms around her and took in her scent. For a few glorious moments we did nothing but take in each other. Westeros could wait as we found comfort in each other.

"It has been too long." Daenerys said and I replied with another long kiss. "I have heard you spent time with Missandei."

"That I did, but she could not equal your beauty." I said as we sat down on the edge of her bed. "I will not deny her talents in bed, though."

"Maybe it has been a long time, my sweet bear."

We kissed and she placed one of my hands on her belly. While Missandei had excited my body, there was a very different type of feeling that came when Daenerys touched me. It was purer and much more intense.

"Jorah, I think I'm pregnant." Daenerys said and then shook her head. "No, I know I'm pregnant. I don't know who the father is. I want to say it's yours and yet part of me does think it's Jon's child. I'm confused thinking of the timing."

"Missandei asked me to give her a child." I told her and took both of her hands in mine. "I did so and I won't have to lay with her again. She will raise her child with Grey Worm and I don't mind. It is Missandei's and not mine. Your child is yours, Daenerys Stormborn, as am I. I will never abandon you or your child no matter the truth."

My love looked at me and smiled. She was just as beautiful as the day I met her. The day I had first laid eyes on her I was lost to her. I was hers from that moment on. I should've stopped spying on her then but-no, there was no justification for what I had continued to do. Yet even with all my sins she had graced me with her love.

Daenerys kissed my lips and then stood up. After she undressed we made passionate love.

"You didn't ***, did you?" Daenerys asked as she got off of me.

"No," I replied. "If my **** spills anything from our lovemaking, you deserve to have it."

"Stand up."

I obeyed my queen without question. I got out of the bed and stood up to be observed by her loving eyes. She put a hand on my chest as if she could feel my heartbeat through the armor. My hand didn't touch hers as this was her moment. This was her time to be in control.

"When I first saw you I was amazed." Khaleesi said. "Even then it was as if something was pulling me towards you. It was as if my life and yours were forever intertwined at that moment. But I was married to another man and didn't know about love until then. I didn't know how complicated it could be. And after...after I was in such pain."
Slowly she undressed me and I didn't interfere. I watched as she was caught up in her memories. Finally her task was complete and she looked at me. She put her hand on my chest again and this time she could feel my heartbeat. She could feel my heart beating with love and lust for her.

"I pushed you away." Daenerys said and her fingers traced where the greyscale had been. "I knew you wanted only the best for me, yet I nearly killed you with my fear."

"Khaleesi," I replied. "I do not blame you for what you did. It is my fault for spying on you and never admitting my crimes."

"That does not excuse my actions. If I am to sit on the Iron Throne I can't pretend the wrongs I did were honorable. You were with me before I was strong. You guided me to my strength. Yet I exiled you because of fear."

She took my hands in hers and I felt a new energy in the room. Before she had admitted her love for me and yet now I felt something greater than love. An energy that connected both of us and had kept us together. An energy that would continue to keep us together. An energy that was sealing a promise already made.

"I am yours." Daenerys said and moved her body closer to mine.

"As you are mine." I replied as I felt the energy grow even more powerful.

"From this day-"

"Until the end of my days."

I bent my head down and we kissed. Our kisses started out passionate and only grew more so.

Our lovemaking this time was more than intense. The new energy that I had felt was the cause. Finally we both found our release.

For a few minutes we could do nothing but look at each other. Somehow the sweat dripping down her body made her look even more like a queen. I finally pulled out and started cleaning myself off. If we were still on Dragonstone I would feel safe enough to spend a few more minutes with Daenerys. But this was Winterfell and the rules were much different here.

"I wish you could stay here." Daenerys remarked sadly. "Being with you is good but I want to experience sleeping with you again."

"Both of us might not have any sleep if someone heard us." I replied. "Hopefully we didn't make enough sound to draw interest."

After cleaning myself up I got dressed. It pained me more than words could say to leave my love. I knew she would safe in Winterfell, but the distance we had to fake pained me. I wanted to lie with her and wake up next to her again. On Dragonstone it had been a treasure to see her when I woke up. I kissed her gently after getting dressed.

"You will sit on the Iron Throne." I promised her. "That is what these sacrifices are about. Jon will not always stay in King's Landing. As king he will most likely leave for stretches of time. During those times I will be there to comfort you in whatever manner you choose."

"Sometimes that seems like too much of a dream." Daenerys said softly. "It's like you're saying things to comfort me without meaning them. What if one of us dies during the war? What will your promises mean then?"

"If you die, I will treasure that morning on Dragonstone. I will hold it dearly in my heart. I cannot promise you more without risking everything."

Daenerys nodded in understanding. She was more than I deserved and yet she had given me her heart. It took all my strength to turn away and open the door. I resisted closing my eyes as no one outside the door should see that weakness. Seeing me in so much pain would work for the plan but it wasn't needed.

I looked to find an empty hallway outside. I had expected a few guards outside but there were none. Anger came over me both because this meant we could've been extremely loud and also because Khaleesi wasn't well protected now. Even though I expected no harm to come to her here, she should still have guards.

"What is the meaning of this!" I yelled at the first guard I saw.

"What?" The guard asked as he flinched.
It had taken me a good five minutes to find him. I pushed back the idea that this was something concocted by Sansa Stark as a slight against my queen. There were no Dothraki or Unsullied which was worrying. Either they had been lulled into a false sense of security or something else was taking up their time.

"Her grace is in her chambers without a guard." I replied.

"I'm...I'm sorry, Ser." The guard said shakily. "But...your men are being lead to where they are staying and are being taught the bare basics. Being they're from Essos I guess it's taking longer than normal. Sansa Stark thought you would be enough to take care of any trouble."

I held back my reaction as the explanation made sense. The Dothraki and Unsullied weren't used to Westeros and those in Winterfell were afraid. They were both afraid of Daenerys and her men. Sansa was right in that I would be enough to protect her from any odd danger here. It wasn't as if assassins would be attacking my love right now. Cersei had no reason yet to attack the North. She might even think that all her enemies would die while fighting the dead.

"I have spoken to her as she wished." I said coldly. "Now I want to leave her in peace and so she needs guards."

After that I refused to leave the guard until he found others. Only once I felt that Khaleesi was safe did I leave her. As I walked through Winterfell I was finally able to embrace being in the North. A good walk around here should calm my nerves. Already the cold air was soothing me. The North was very familiar and it called out to me. Before I would say that this area of Westeros was my home. Now, though, home was a very different place.

Home could no longer be defined by North, South, East, or West. Home was now defined by Daenerys Targaryen. Wherever she was would be my home. We had survived many adversities in our time together. Yet we always managed to find our way back into each other's arms. It was as if our love was destined by the gods. They had toyed with us but always meant for us to be together. Our relationship was our prize for surviving their trials.
I found myself at an archery range before I caught up with reality again. I was no good with a bow and arrow or else I'd practice now. Maybe I should practice as to survive the dead I would need every advantage. To protect my love, a woman who seemed like my wife after our last coupling, I would need to have every skill.

I wondered what my father would think of my actions lately. I wondered if they would have earned his forgiveness. His forgiveness was the only thing sweeter than Daenerys.

No comments:

Post a Comment