Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Here We Smile

This is inspired by a writing prompt found HERE.

The writing prompt is: Person A had to get dental surgery and is now high off their ass on painkillers. Person B is stuck dealing with their antics.

(Bonus if A is usually the serious one).

This is a Game of Thrones fanfic. All rights belong to the copyright holders.

Feel free to comment below with a writing prompt for me.

After the War for the Dawn there were changes in the Seven Kingdoms. Some of those changes were political. Due to the high death count of the war, many Houses and castles were left deserted. This left political areas more than empty. I had wanted to break the wheel and this allowed me to better put my plans into motion. With the help of Tyrion Lannister, my Hand, I had been able to solidify an actual plan.

Besides political changes, scientific breakthroughs started happening. One of the breakthroughs included something called painkillers that helped people deal with painful operations. My husband and King, Jorah Mormont, was now a prime example of some of the side effects. He had taken painkillers after some minor work was done on his mouth.

"Is the one with the good butt gone, Daenerys?" Jorah asked with a grin.

In private my sweet bear had graced me with all manner of expressions on his face. However, to the majority of people he had a constant scowl on his face. To most the thought of him grinning was pure insanity. Yet with these painkillers he was grinning ear to ear constantly and without pause.

"Which one, my love?" I asked with a sigh. "You've complimented all their butts at least once."

"The bastard that got resurrected." He said turning to look at me.

"Jon Snow died in the war."

"What war?"

I didn't know if Jorah was joking or not. I had admired Jon but I had never loved him. The relationship I had undertaken with him had been a mistake that had been resolved before marriage. Against Tyrion's wishes, I had married the one who I truly loved. My heart had been restored and I could fully accept the love Jorah had always offered me.

That didn't mean the pain of Jon's passing hurt any less. It was very painful to see such a good leader get killed. Westeros had mourned for some time after his passing.

"Is he coming back?" Jorah asked with a smile.

"I'm sure we'll see him someday." I lied.

"You're lying to me, aren't you?"

After the question my husband let out a loud laugh. It was more cheerful than he had ever sounded. Those painkillers must be extremely powerful. Somehow him laughing so made me a little afraid. When my fear passed I, too, joined in on the laughter.

I knew Jorah would become himself again. But, for now, I would revel in his joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment