Saturday, March 31, 2018

Hey There Beautiful

This is inspired by a writing prompt found HERE.

The writing prompt is: It’s been seven days since you’ve watched the tape. The girl climbs out of the television, intending to end your miserable life. Your response: “Hey there beautiful, how you doin’?”

Feel free to comment below with a writing prompt for me.

I didn't know why I had said that. Maybe it was the fact I was scared out of my mind. Yeah, the adrenaline was coursing through my veins so I couldn't think. Surprisingly the girl, more like a young woman to be honest, just stopped. She was drenched in blood and yet, now that I had a few extra seconds to think, she did look good in a very scary way.

"You think I look good?" The girl asked and I could only nod. "No one has called me beautiful before. No man has ever taken the time. Not even the ones who deserve death."

"I'm not a man." I said with what I hoped was a smile.

That was the truth. I had never called a girl beautiful because I depended on my family for money. If they found out I wasn't straight then...yeah...nothing good would happen. Though whatever they would do with me paled in comparison to the girl in front of me.

"No, you aren't." She replied with a smile. "You understand I'm still going to have to kill you. I can't be shown having favoritism. You understand?"

"Sort of." I said with a laugh.

"You're the first person I'm sad about killing."

I took her hands in mine and looked into her eyes. Dang, the blood did bring out the most beautiful color. First girl I admitted to liking and I die. After a moment I helped her choke me but then she stopped.

"Just don't tell anyone I refused to kill you." She said and backed away. "It'll be our little secret."

"Will I see you again?" I asked.

"I hope not. I'd have to kill you then."

We both laughed and she left. I felt more than exhausted and instantly fell asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment