Saturday, April 29, 2017

Crossing the Divide 52

"Grey Worm?" I asked.

"Missandei?" He said weakly. "No. Daenerys had her killed."

"Grey Worm, can you stand up? Me and Arya will get you back to camp."

"What does it matter? Missandei is dead!"

The pain and hurt in his face and voice made me shiver. It reminded me of how I had felt when my children had died. There seemed to be no point anymore and yet I had kept moving. I kept going on for reasons I couldn't explain. I had thought Grey Worm dead by Daenerys' hands. It didn't occur to me that she would allow someone with such anger against her to live. Or maybe she had been sane enough to realize that he would be in too much pain to go against her. Because I had assumed the actions she would take, I hadn't thought anything of it when he wasn't in the Dragonpit.

"I know." I replied. "But there is a reason you are still alive. Maybe it's a need of vengeance."

Grey Worm finally relented and allowed himself to be guided back to camp. The dragons breathed their flames twice before we entered the camp. When a few of my men saw me there was a rush to get me into a tent. Lei was in it and stood up to look at the injured man. Her face was in so much sorrow at the sight of him. She had such a kind heart that most of the Lannisters seemed to lack. Even Tyrion didn't have her purity.

-This is a Mature Story (if in content if not plot)
-It's a Game of Thrones/Resident Evil Fic
-It's a Jorah Mormont Fic

You can read it HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment