Sunday, April 2, 2017

Crossing the Divide 49

"Sam, I'm going to have to go back one day. Everything I've accomplished I'm going to have to leave behind. I'll have to leave behind you, Alex, Eve, and our child. I'm saving this world only to never see how it blossoms."

"You're living in both realities now, correct? You can continue doing so."

In his eyes I saw hurt and I more than understood why. He had just met me and fallen for me, now I was telling him I was going to leave. He was only going to join the Mormonts because I was there. The same reason Alex had for joining. I didn't want him to hurt and I didn't want to leave him at this facility.

"I can't." I said sadly. "If I do then the fabric of all the realities will start to break. After...after one of my children died I was able to go to an alternate reality. I can't keep on going to new worlds when I'm in duress."

"So I'm supposed to join the Mormonts for you just to see you go?" Sam asked angrily but still didn't move his hand. "I'm supposed to change my life just to see you leave me? Why do any of this, then? Why not continue working for Umbrella? Why do anything if you're just going to leave in the end?"

Sam brought up the same questions that I had been thinking about. When he and Alex brought the questions up it made me feel stupid. It made me feel like a silly, little pup. There was no good answer about why I was leading the Mormonts. But he, Alex, and myself all deserved an answer. My husband and lover because they were dear to me. Myself because I shouldn't wander the world without knowing why.

"I guess because of guilt." I replied quietly. "I did horrible things while working for Umbrella. I did things that I won't ever be able to make up for. I helped humanity crumble all the while thinking I was doing the right thing. I can't ever make up for all that I did, but I can put humanity where it belongs. I won't be able to see what all my efforts resulted in, but my soul will leave this reality clean."

"And do you think that will convince me?" Sam asked.

"It has. You haven't removed your hand yet."

-This is a Mature Story (if in content if not plot)
-It's a Game of Thrones/Resident Evil Fic
-It's a Doctor Isaacs Fic

You can read it HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment