Friday, August 14, 2015

Strange Place, Strange Creatures (Glau's Journal)

Recently I hadn't been able to get much rest. Salusa proved to be quite a clawful. She loves hiding some place and waiting hours for one of us to walk by. Luckily, as she has grown up, this quirk of hers has died down somewhat. The only dragon to fall in love with this part of her is Birchurawkp.

Today I have taken some time away from the rest of the clan to finally get some peace. I have used the excuse that I'm training my trainees in meditation so that I can go somewhere quiet. That somewhere is on the very edge of Seitou's territory.

Blackthorn and Anita were more than excited for this little excursion. I think they hope to run into trouble so that they're able to prove their worth to me. If only Jurassic wasn't leaving today as he adored meditation.

I touched the Darksteel Amulet of Necromancy that Nazilla had given me recently. For some odd reason that gave me hope that if I couldn't fend off any evil that attacked me today, she would rescue me without a second thought.

Once I had found a comfortable spot to sit, I started giving instructions on meditations to my trainees. Today I would teach them about seeing beyond our world to where the Shade might have come from. After giving the instructions, I fully immersed myself in the meditation myself.

Images went by of things I didn't have time to comprehend. Creatures and things that I had no name for. Species that didn't look like anything on Sornieth. Finally I stopped in the body of something dying. The creature had four eyes, two of them able to turn any which way. The other two were stable like my own eyes. After a few seconds of trying to decipher this body, I could tell it was centaur-like in appearance.

Five strange creatures stood by this Elfangor. That was the only word I could get from this meditation, maybe if I came here again I could find out more. The creatures that stood by Elfangor had two legs and arms. They wore clothing like some in the clan did and had patches of hair on their heads.

They were like centaurs, but without any equine parts. I was busy studying these creatures until I was swept away again. Strange terms like 'morphing' and 'Yeerks' were said by this Elfangor. The only thing I could clearly tell was that the five creatures' world was in danger and this Elfangor was trying to help them. One of them seemed familiar, like he was connected to the clan's future already.

Time sped up greatly and before I knew it I was being held by a strange monster. Elfangor turned one of his bendable eyes and I could see a strange cat. White with black spots. Was this a vision within a vision? Or did the strange cat actually exist in the place where Elfangor was most likely going to die?

The strange monster opened its mouth wide and Elfangor attacked it with...a tail-blade. It was shaped like a scimitar! But it was no use and suddenly he wa-

Anita and Blackthorn shook me awake. It turned out my body had been screaming and they had been worried. I quickly reassured them that everything was alright. That I was alright. Suddenly our attentions were turned to an injured Ridgeback that was flying towards us.

I quickly realized that the dragon was PaulMuadDib. I told my two trainees to alert Seitou and to get Herbie here quickly. I flew up to him and saw that some Raptorik were tending to his wounds.

Had some of the negotiations with the Beastclans finally paid off?

As always, feel free to comment any questions to me below. I'll answer them in the future when I have time.

Glau's Journal's Table of Contents

Support the blog via Patreon

I do writing gigs on Fiverr

No comments:

Post a Comment