Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Jurassic World (2015)

Title: Jurassic World

Series: Jurassic Park

Director: Colin Trevorrow

Starring: Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard, and Ty Simpkins

Released: 2015

Personal Rating: 5/6

Oscars: N/A

Plot: A new theme park is built on the original site of Jurassic Park. Everything is going well until the park's newest attraction--a genetically modified giant stealth killing machine--escapes containment and goes on a killing spree.
---------------------------------------------------------------

The Jurassic Park Guy
This guy was the voice of the audience in the movie. Everyone who is a fanboy/fangirl, at least. He really helps connect the viewers with the movie and I highly enjoyed him. He was both me and the comic relief in the movie. I have heard that some people want him in the sequel and I disagree with that. His comedy was just enough to fit in with the movie and I'm worried that Hollywood would do what it's most known for: deciding to up his comedy, which would spell disaster for the sequel.

Owen is Awesome
Owen, played by Chris Pratt, is the whole reason I decided to see this move in the first place. Pratt impressed me greatly in Guardians of the Galaxy and so I wanted to see what he would do next. He plays a very different character than what he is most known for. Owen is intelligent and is constantly on the top of his game. However, Pratt puts humor into his role.

The Park is Now Open
One of my favorite parts of this film had to have been seeing the park functioning. There was a water show and a petting zoo. A petting zoo of dinosaurs! And then those hamster balls that made it so you could experience dinosaurs up close and personal! Just...be still my beating heart.

Final Thoughts
For the Jurassic Park lover, you'll enjoy this film. Not many films are able to take a dying franchise, Jurassic Park III seemed to spell the end of the series for me, and then rejuvenate it. Colin Trevorrow was able to do it somehow. As for those that might be new to the series, you should enjoy it too though you won't have the nostalgia factor going on.

To support this blog buy a writing commission from me at fiverr. Want a Jurassic World fanfic? I'm there for you. I also have a Patreon with some spiffy rewards each month.

No comments:

Post a Comment