Friday, August 28, 2015

Finding Love (Kaliforna's Journal)

I had been foolish earlier and so I had a broken wing. Herbie had done his best to fix it and he says it should be healed within a day or two. Bless the Shadowbinder for giving the clan such a good doctor.

I had broken my wing by rushing to Glau's aid when I thought she was dying. What I had forgotten was that, as a necromancer, she is able to go to the edge of death and still come out alive. She uses this trick in battle and it helps us win due to how surprised our enemies get.

So I went to her side, she 'wakes up', and suddenly I find myself in her mock battle with her trainees Al and Blackthorn. Glau hadn't been able to stop the mock battle in time and she apologized.

But I didn't mind, I liked seeing how she was training the future warriors of the Shadowbinder. Besides, it was my own fault for not being able to hold my own in the mock battle.

As I lay by my nest of eggs, my mind turned to Birchurawkp.

Birch is a very odd dragon. They say they don't like love of any form and yet that doesn't seem to be true. First they randomly got Entropy from the Auction House and treat her like their own daughter and now they are acting fearful around Elfangor.

Birch isn't afraid of hatchlings, after Entropy they got Salusa who is still waiting to be bred, and seems to treat them all like their own children. Spending countless hours taking care of their every wants and needs. But they claim they don't feel love.

So what is happening with them and Elfangor?

To give my story context: Raven is part of a breeding project and is to be bred with Herbie until a good hatchling is produced. While she was still a hatchling, Birch wouldn't let her and Herbie meet. They claimed this was because there was a creepiness involved if the future mating pair met while one was still a child and one was an adult.

Now Birch is avoiding Elfangor in the same manner.

Can Birch be experiencing physical desire?

I want to ask them, but I know they wouldn't answer truthfully.

I got shaken from my thoughts as Blackthorn and Al passed by, running from Glau who must have been putting them through another drill of some kind. Or maybe it was just for fun. Maybe both.

The two trainees would be serving the Shadowbinder very soon. Or they'd take work as mercenaries or body guards. I knew Al was more interested in becoming a mercenary if he didn't end up serving the Shadowbinder. That didn't surprise me as he was a Wildclaw.

As always, feel free to comment any questions to me below. I'll answer them in the future when I have time.

Kaliforna's Journal's Table of Contents

No comments:

Post a Comment