Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II (Cato Neimoidia Part 1)

I am not a big gamer but I usually don't get so pissed off at a game that I have to quit and look up what to do. Sure I'll get confused and worry that I'll never beat it, but I never usually get to the point of thinking I have found Hell on Earth.

But I am getting ahead of myself...

Cato Neimoidia is broken down into a few parts. I am glad to say that the saving mechanism in this game is much better than the first. I was able to stop the game and then restart where I had left off.

Starkiller goes to Cato Neimoidia to get Master Kota (his ally/friend from the last game). Of course the one holding Kota captive, Baron "OMG Your Voice Is Amazing" Tarko, doesn't want to let the Jedi Master go. This is why you have to fight in this level.

Most of the enemies you fight are run of the mill Stormtroopers that are just fun to take down. My personal favorite thing to do is use Force Lightning until my Force energy runs out and then I slice the survivors with my lightsaber.

There are other harder to kill troopers that I use Force Push on and then attack with my sabers. I find that makes them easier to take down. If you fight them with your sabers it's a little hard to do with them fighting back.

There are, again, those damn troopers that can fly. Luckily you do have long range attacks that can deal with them. I, of course, favor Force Lightning.

Finally, the little small people (like the ones that were taking C-3PO apart in The Empire Strikes Back) aren't anything to worry about. Force Lightning takes care of them easily and attacking them with your sabers you can do if you want to be mean (as there's nothing exactly badass about killing them).

There are puzzles in this game that you get a new power to complete. I believe it's called Force Vision. With it you are able to solve pretty simple puzzles using another Force power (Force Grab or Force Pull). The puzzles are interesting if only for the new Force Power you get.

There are a few sections where you have to use Force Dash so you don't get blasted by turrets. I had a few times during the first of these sections where I didn't realize which button you had to press and died. Then another time I seemed like I was on drugs and fell off the edge all by myself. Another time during this section it was pure chance that I ran into a crystal.

Finally, there are jumping sections. I don't remember jumping sections being a big part of the last game and not this complicated. For me, simple jumping provides a good challenge. But in this game they decided to make jumping as complicated as possible.

There are a few instances, in this part, that you get some simple jumping. But more often than not there are moving platforms.

One of these you have to use a Force Power to pull the platforms to you but if you wait too long they'll be so far away that you can't jump to them anymore. This ended up being a nice challenge and interesting.

The final bit of jumping I did...well, it was interesting. It involved moving platforms and so you had to time things just right without being able to turn the camera angle so you could clearly see your target. It is hard to do at first but it becomes easy as time goes on.

The reason I couldn't complete Cato Neimoidia, at least tonight, is because I got so lost during this final jumping section. I got all the way up and I didn't know where to go. I tried a bunch of different things that didn't seem to work.

So I kept having to jump all the way back to the top over and over again.

By the end I was just ranting at the tv. It was like I was both high and drunk. I had to stop the game there for the night to look how to continue and cool down.

I did find a nice little video that seems to show how to continue. I admit it looks rather simple to do. But I will cover that next time.
--------------------------------
All of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II


No comments:

Post a Comment