Monday, December 16, 2013

Shipping Confessions: Miloe (Revolution)


I return even though the last time I posted a Shipping Confession it was all the way back in July. However, I still ship the ship that I mentioned in the last Shipping Confession. With the recent episodes I couldn't help but continuing to ship it.

I usually never pair people up in the first episode and usually I never ship them that hard. For some reason, though, I decided to ship this pair together by the end of the first episode. This defies logic as, well, they didn't really spend that much screen time together in the pilot.

What is this ship that took my shipper heart to a new level?

Miloe (aka the shipping name between Miles Matheson and Sebastian 'Bass' Monroe). I believe this has become one of the popular ships of the series, but I started before I knew about all the Miloe love. I know it's a little pompous for me to say that I started shipping Miloe 'before it was cool', but that's the truth.

Since I already talked about Miles in the last Shipping Confessions, I'll skip right to Monroe.

Monroe is the big bad of the first season and we see him in a negative light. Miles and him started the Monroe Republic since the world had gone to shit after the power went out. People were acting like savages so Monroe, with leadership from Miles, built the Republic.

However, something changed in Miles and he wanted out. After Miles left, Monroe seemed to go deeper and deeper into insanity. It's almost like without Miles, Monroe can't exist. At least not as a good leader.

Monroe and Miles meet up before the Season 1 Finale and Miles couldn't kill Monroe. Like, even though Miles won't fight for Monroe, he still cares too much to kill the man.

In Season 2 we get a more human Monroe. By that I mean he isn't the big bad. You get to see him redeeming himself by helping out our heroes.

This pairing is one of those that is broken. Miles has moved on but still has feelings for his old friend and Monroe needs Miles in order to keep his own sanity. I don't think it's any coincidence that Monroe went crazy after Miles left.

Not only did Miles leave him, Miles tried to kill him. Monroe puts so much faith in Miles to help him hold on that when he's gone, Monroe has to struggle to move on.

And why did Monroe help Charlie? Among other reasons, to prove to Miles that he is still a good man. That whatever other evils Monroe has done, he still loves Miles dearly. That he will team up with whomever Miles wants just to keep his lover close by.

But why does Miles continue to love Monroe? Love is one of those things that can't be easily explained. It's not something you can ever fully understand. Part of Miles knows he shouldn't still care for Monroe after all the man has done, but he can't help himself. Even when given the option to kill Monroe for the greater good, he can't.

I dearly hope Miloe will be explored as the series goes on, even if it doesn't become canon. More Miloe will either happen in flashbacks, in the present time of the series, or in mentions depending what happens in the second part of Season 2.

What ship will I talk about in the next Shipping Confessions? It is from The Avengers and involves two scientists. I was debating doing this one or another but decided on The Avengers ship because it forms the basis for why I ship the other.

-----------------------------------------------
Shipping Confessions Table of Contents


No comments:

Post a Comment