Friday, August 9, 2013

Falling Skies (Season 3)



Show: Falling Skies

Season: 3

Episodes: 10

Created By: Robert Rodat

Released: 2013

Rating: 3.5/5

Basic Plot: Tom Mason and company join forces with the Volm to fight the invading alien force.
------------------------------------

The Volm
These are the alien allies of Tom's band of Resistance fighters this season. They are presented first as helpers and the question of 'Can we trust them?' quickly pops up. This question is not answered until the end of this Season. What I like most about the Volm is that they are an alien species that appears frequently throughout this Season and adds a more immediate tone of 'aliens are here'. The effects for the Volm are good. And, yes, they do look cool.

Karen
I don't want to give away a major spoiler here but...we probably won't be seeing her next Season. I won't say why, but I am sad to not see her on my tv screen next summer. This Season she continues her charismatic destructive streak. At one point she captures Tom and uses a very interesting technique to get information from him. That episode was my favorite of the season.

The Government
At the beginning of the Season Tom is the leader. This is a good thing to see as he's finally leading every one. Of course this doesn't last and I think that's a good decision. This because I prefer seeing him having power but not all the power. Tom does appoint someone else as leader. We finally get to see about the old USA at large. Well...a little part of it. That being the President is still alive. The little sub-plot that it comes with is very nicely done.


Final Thoughts
This season was good but I wasn't as excited about it as I had been about previous seasons. Don't get me wrong, interesting things did happen, but I wasn't sitting on the edge of my seat in anticipation for it to start. Season 2 ended on a cliffhanger and so does Season 3. I don't know why I wasn't as excited as before, but I am glad I tuned in. I got more interest in Lourdes this season and I can't wait to see what happens next season with her. I'd really like to talk more about her, but that's getting into spoiler territory. I am also hoping the Volm return next season as I like their design and their relation to the overall story.




No comments:

Post a Comment