Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Spoilers in Reviews

When I do reviews I do tend to put spoilers in them. Why? Don't I want to allow my readers/viewers to experience what I'm reviewing on their own? Don't I want to not spoil the good stuff?

Personally, when I want to be surprised by a movie/book/comic/ect. I'll tend to stay away from all reviews. Why? Because I don't want the thing I'm reading/watching to be spoiled for me. Some people are good enough to state that there will be spoilers and some places warn you if the review has a spoiler.

Another reason I put spoilers in my reviews is the fact that I want the ability to speak about everything in what I'm reviewing. I remember one of the few semi-reviews I have warned about spoilers is Sam Worthington 3 (COD: Black Ops) and I only did that because the twist was the whole reason to play the game (though I watched a Let's Play and didn't actually play the game).

I believe there should be spoilers that shouldn't be considered spoilers because they've been around so long. Such as the ending to Psycho. The twist is really good but people shouldn't be afraid to state such a well known spoiler. Though I was mad when someone spoiled the ending to War of the Worlds by H.G.Wells (check the book out).

Spoiler to Psycho:
Norman Bates has a split personality, believes he is his mother, and he is the killer.

Spoiler to War of the Worlds by H.G.Wells:
Bacteria kills the aliens. What the heck?

No comments:

Post a Comment