Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Dark Tower: Coming Soon

Now, I am one to be excitable. A hot actor (Brian Austin Green), going to Starbucks, or even finding a Stephen King book will get me jumping. On the topic of Stephen King: I found an article talking about how The Dark Tower series (by King) will be getting some much needed treatment.

For those unfamiliar with the series: It's about the gunslinger Roland trying to get to the Dark Tower. Along the way he meets people and has adventures.

It's a great series (seven books in all) and I would highly suggest you check it out. Must warn you that some of King's other books are tie-ins. Such as 'Salems Lot, IT, and Black House (by King and Peter Straub, it being a sequel to The Talisman).

Back to me finding out about its big screen (and little screen) debute: I was excited. I love Stephen King and wanted to see The Dark Tower brought to life again. I looked at different articles that talked about the plans for the series, who was playing who, and other things (mainly from the same site).

I remember running into a fanmade trailer for the series and how the video maker said it was never going to be. Guess what? It is going to happen! True, Clint Eastwood won't be Roland, but it's still going to happen!

I will be following the evolution of this series and hoping for the best.

Who would you want to see playing each of the characters? Do you think this will work (having movies as well in a tie-in miniseries)? What do you think about Ron Howard, Akiva Goldsman, and Brian Grazer being in the forefront of this project?

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been slowly making my way through the Dark Tower series and I've really been enjoying it so far (I'm at book four now). These are the first books I've read by Stephen King (unlike my boyfriend who is a huge fan) but I'm definitely interested to see how this series will be translated to the screen. At the same time I'm pretty nervous, too, because I feel that more often than not movies don't do the books justice :c

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very true. There is a chance that it won't translate over well. But I'm hoping for the best.

    ReplyDelete